Error 500 home page

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:24 am
Hi,
have an old J2.5 website running , weather gk4 is on home page since a long time in 1.61 version , all was working well.
Yesterday by hazard i saw my website display an error 500 page on home only, all the other pages are well displayed.

i increase level message in joomla admin and obtain this two lines:
[Mon Mar 28 14:12:40 2016] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /vdir/www.aws2p.com/var/www/vhosts/www.aws2p.com/web/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(386) : eval()'d code on line 1, referer: http://aws2p.com/administrator/index...ers&view=users

[Mon Mar 28 14:12:40 2016] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /vdir/www.aws2p.com/var/www/vhosts/www.aws2p.com/web/modules/mod_weather_gk4/helper.php on line 377, referer: http://aws2p.com/administrator/index...ers&view=users

If i disable the weather gk4 module the home page is displayed, i've been on your site and apply the last update available for J2.5 module with no more result.

do you have any idea or fix for this issue?

thanks for your help.
Regards
Profwalken
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:33 pm
I found a solution, just need to edit the helper.php file in weather_gk4 module folder and remove line 377 content ( 'sunrise' => '',)
save the file and enable your weather module, no more 500 error page, and home page normally displayed.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:03 am
Hi

I'm afraid using this solution is best option right now. Issue appear after Yahoo has changed their API. There is an updated version of the module available in download section, but I'm not 100% if it would work with joomla 2.5. Anyway You can make a backup and try it.

GK User
Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:18 pm
Hi,
today same 500 error come back again on home page, nothing change on my side since last update .

it seem to be a little mess in your folders version number for J2.5, for example in the folder it's a 1.67 version indication but when you DL the file and install it on Joomla you obtain a 1.70 version.

With this 1.70 version there's a fatal error (500) on home page with weather gk4 module enabled. since module is disabled all is working fine.

Like you said Teibeite, i've tried with 1.73 version for J3.0 only, installation is running with no problem, home page is not showing a 500 error code page but the module only displays interrogation point ?????

is it possible to have an update running properly for J2.5 based on V1.70 module ?
otherwise is it possible to fix the problem with 1.73 version displaying only ????

you can see result on my homepage http://www.aws2p.com
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:44 am
Hi

I'm afraid a support for joomla 2.5 has been dropped, so no fixes will be released. Have You thought about updating Your website to new joomla ? It's good for security as well. Or please use a different module. Sorry I cannot help more here.