Beta test of GK Weather GK4 for Joomla! 1.5 and 1.6

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:12 am
Everybody who wants to test our new version of GK Weather GK4 please register on pm.gavick.com

Features:
- Added option to change layout of the module to horizontal
- New interface in the back-end
- Added option to hide present weather (useful when only forecast is available for your city)
- New mechanism to avoid problems when API data are temporary unavailable
- Fixed problem with parsing XML entities (thanks to Manuel_84)

Module to download at page:
http://pm.gavick.com/view.php?id=64 (Joomla! 1.5)
http://pm.gavick.com/view.php?id=67 (Joomla! 1.6)

Please use this bug tracker only to beta tests of our products. Tickets connected with the templates and existing products will be ignored and removed.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:00 pm
Is the gavick news team going to make the new GK weather GK4 module for joomla 1.5 as well? cause the one on the files on the download area seem to be for joomla 1.6 only. Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 am
Can anyone provide a date for the release of the GK 4 Weather module for J 1.5?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:24 pm
Hi

Please try this link http://pm.gavick.com/view.php?id=64. It's not official, but stable.

GK User
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:37 am
Hi, cannot log in with my membership data.

Can you tell me which Timezone setting (Germany) I shall put into the configuration settings for the GK 1 Weather?

Thxs.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 pm
Hi

If it has been blocked than You will need to wait till this will be realised, sorry.

Please just set for example "+1" regarding the timezone You are preparing the site for.

GK User
Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:46 am
Hello,

normally +1 to UTC is the timezone for Germany. What's within the daylight saving time? This is +2. I don't know how the weather data handles this. What is the setting for the german summertime? + 1 or + 2 ?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:19 pm
Hi

Greenich time is also using a daylight time, so there is no difference. +1 would be the time for Germany than.

GK User
Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:07 am
How do I change the language in Serbian? I enter 'sr' in the field language, but displays some characters and not letters.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 pm
Hello, could you attach module file to post? I can't download file foe J1.5.

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:15 pm
The module won't be longer available for Joomla! 1.5, because the Google Weather API is no longer available. Now the only available version is version for Joomla! 2.5 which supports Yahoo! Weather API.
Administrator

teitbite
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:19 am
Hi

That explains a lot :) Recently I got dozens reports of this module not working.

GK User
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:13 pm
A few official information in this topic: http://www.gavick.com/magazine/weather- ... pdate.html
Administrator

teitbite
Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:43 am
Hi

Thanks. I've subscribed to the magazine now :) I always miss this important informations ;/

wunderground.com is great :) Cannot wait to see this new module.

GK User
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 am
Hi.
How to download a Joomla 1.5 version ? When i click GK4 Weather Download, only Joomla 2.5 version is available.
Edit: Sorry i can see now only 2.5 version is available.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 pm
Hi

Yes. A 1.5 version is not available anymore.