Fix or Shut it Down

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:25 am
I personally shut the GK weather module down. It has the problem that need some fix very seriously.
One day, it works and another day it doesnt.
Maybe this is something about cache, maybe it is about the source: google site itself.

The UGLY thing is: when it fails, it makes the error:
modules/mod_gk_weather/helper.php on line 216 (or 219)
and SCREW the look of ENTIRE website!

Why dont you make an error message when the connection to the source failed or something wrong makes mod GK weather not work.
mod_googleweather did good job on it. when it fails, the visitor see only error message in the tab, not the UGLY frontpage.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:13 pm
I agree. I've had on-going problems with this module. Sometimes all I had to do was disable and then enable it. But that doesn't work today.
Can it be fixed or what is causing the problem?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:31 pm
I'm not sure if the problem is Server related but other "Weather Modules" from different developers all have the same issue and it's caused by the server that is hosting the site.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:44 pm
I have enabled this module again and the site works fine now. It just a pain to know that GK weather can bring your site down randomly like this. And it's a module that our users like.
Thanks for the reply.
Junior Boarder