Errors - a bunch of them!

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:16 pm
Hi!

I now you've seen this before, but I couldn't use the solutions from the other threads. Here's the story:

I installed GK Weather Module on my site. Worked perfectly 2 months or so, and then my site was disabled, showing this message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /mysite/public_html/modules/mod_gk_weather/helper.php on line 219

The first thing I did was re-installing the GK Weather Module (through Joomla Admin back-end). And installing it again.
Then, I lost the first error message, and got this one instead:

An error occurred during parsing XML data. Please try again. - where the module should appear.

and

XML Parsing Error at 2:32. Error 76: Mismatched tag - above every freaking article on the site.

Then, I red the forum ideas, but no avail. I changed the permissions for the Cache folder in GK Weather (+ for the files inside of it), and for the GK Weather in public_html Cache folder. Set it all to 777.

I'm stuck. And this is quite important. It's a site for the client. And this happened in the middle of the season. He's pissed. And I'm lost.

Help!

pocket
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:57 pm
Anybody?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:13 pm
Hi

Which version of PHP are you running in your website?

Do you have extension=php_curl.dll enable on php.ini?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 pm
PHP version: 5.2.13

Hm. First I had to learn how to locate my php.ini file. Now that I did found the path, I don't know where to look for it.
This is a path from my PHP Info page:

/usr/local/lib/php.ini

Where in my cPanel shoul I look for this?

Sorry if I'm bugging, but I'm kinda lost here.

Ivan
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:42 pm
Solved!

I found my php.ini file in my root directory (in the most obvious place). Looking into it, I've noticed that there is no thing like:

extension=php_curl.dll

inside of it.

So the thing is: just add this line in your php.ini file, and save. This did the trick for me.

I've red that lots of folks do have this line, but it looks like this:

;extension=php_curl.dll

They solved problem removing the ";" thing. So after, it looks like this:

extension=php_curl.dll

I hope this help somebody....

GK Weather work great now.

Smile!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:34 am
Not activated php extension:
Code: Select all
;extension=php_curl.dll

Activated php extension:
Code: Select all
extension=php_curl.dll

You just need to remove ";" at the begging to activate the extension.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder