Problem with weather GK4

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:17 pm
Dear Gavick,
i'm encountering a problem with the weather module.

Sometimes i receive a blank page with this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /home/targatosa/public_html/modules/mod_weather_gk4/helper.php on line 377

Any help???

thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:38 am
Hi

Please edit this file /home/targatosa/public_html/modules/mod_weather_gk4/helper.php and on line 377 add @ sign at the beginning of this line.

If this will not work please send ma an access to ftp.

GK User
Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:13 pm
netlex wrote:Dear Gavick,
i'm encountering a problem with the weather module.

Sometimes i receive a blank page with this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /home/targatosa/public_html/modules/mod_weather_gk4/helper.php on line 377

Any help???

thanks.

I have the same problem in my site http://www.valledelsamoggia.com
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:38 pm
Hi

I got an FTP from You, please just answer my one questions. When it happened for the last time and what You did to removed this issue? Just trying to figure out if it's not connected with cache or a conflict.

How often is it happening ?

GK User
Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:55 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I got an FTP from You, please just answer my one questions. When it happened for the last time and what You did to removed this issue? Just trying to figure out if it's not connected with cache or a conflict.

How often is it happening ?

Hi Teitbite,

it happens very often in facts so, concerning the last time it happened, I could say few minutes ago.
It usually happens when I browse from a page to another of my site and, as soon as i come back to the page where the module is, I get this error than, if I just refresh the page, the error disappear.

I also tried the solution you suggested in your first post but it doesn't work.

If you need any further info from my side just let me know it.

Thanks and best regards.

Christian
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:26 am
Hi

The line mentioned in error was:

Code: Select all
if(strpos($xml->document->channel[0]->description[0]->attributes('date'), "Error") == FALSE) {

I've made it use the solution I've proposed before:

if(strpos(@$xml->document->channel[0]->description[0]->attributes('date'), "Error") == FALSE) {

I could not observe this error again, but it may be just a coincidence. Please let me know if You will see the error again. I hope it worked.

GK User
Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:17 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

The line mentioned in error was:

if(strpos($xml->document->channel[0]->description[0]->attributes('date'), "Error") == FALSE) {

I've made it use the solution I've proposed before:

if(strpos(@$xml->document->channel[0]->description[0]->attributes('date'), "Error") == FALSE) {

I could not observe this error again, but it may be just a coincidence. Please let me know if You will see the error again. I hope it worked.

Hi Teitbite and thank you very much for the reply.

The problem remain but the difference is that now the site show a blank page intead of an error. If you refresh the page loads correctly as before.

In any case it is better to see a blank page than an error.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:42 am
Hi

Ok. I've reported this to programmers. Will let You know when they will answer.

teitbite
Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:17 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel too. I need to check if cache in this module is enabled.

teitbite
Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:09 am
Hi

Thanks. I've send an access to programmers. Will let You know when they will answer.

teitbite
Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:22 pm
Hi

Sorry, I've missed the mail that programmers responded couple days ago.

user have 5 weather modules on one site with cache set to 5 minutes and probably just yahoo feed is not responding in correct time and he get parsing error. Please advise to set bigger cache amount for 30 minutes and the best idea is to set different cache time for every module to avoid sending multiple queries in the same time.

GK User
Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:47 pm
Thank you very much for your support. I'll try immediately and let you know.

Best regards.

Christian
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:45 pm
Hi

Ok I'll be waiting for a result of this test.