GK Weather interferes with Facebook. Help!

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:45 am
We're using GK Weather, and apparently it's interfering with our Facebook account. Whenever we try to add a link to any content of our website in our Facebook account, this error message appears:

: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /path-to-our-web/modules/mod_gk_weather/helper.php on line 245

Could you please help us?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:37 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site.

GK User
Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:07 pm
This is the site:

http://mas.levante-emv.com/fallas/

It's not in English though
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:35 am
Hi

Please could You send me this file? The version I have ends after this line ;/

GK User
Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:34 am
I'm not sure what file you mean...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 am
oops! I just realized you surely meant helper.php in the gk_weather module

I've attached the file
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:19 pm
Hi

Ok. Now I'm confussed a little bit. The code in this line is simply putting information about weather forecast. And this error should happen when there is no file to take thoose information. But I think it has nothing to do with Facebook.

Please tell me something more. Explain step by step how are You putting those links and where?

GK User
Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:23 pm
The only thing we're doing is writing the URL in the link textfield of the Facebook page. We think the problem is that in some way the Weather module is avoiding Facebook to recognize the page we're linking to.

Here's an example of a link we might attach to a Facebook post:
http://mas.levante-emv.com/fallas/actua ... allas.html
in case you wanted to do a test in your own Facebook account.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 pm
Hi

The problem may be because of the fact that facebook is trying to parse site which have element which is parsing other site (this case weather form google). I'm going to ask out programmer and let You know what He told me.

GK User
Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:02 am
It seems that FB has a problem with longer requests and then it causes mentioned problem. I've added in last update for this module some code to avoid that but I see that it wasn't enough. I'll try to fix this problem in next release.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:32 am
ok thank you!
Please keep me informed.

Cheers!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:09 pm
Hi, i'm having the same trouble. Just exactly as RENR07 has.

When a visitor tries to share a link from facebook to our website, facebook display the same error that RENR07 has:

Code: Select all
: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /path-to-website/modules/mod_gk_weather/helper.php on line 245

All cache was cleaned

I went to the module download page, downloaded again, uploaded to our server and the same.

Can you help us?

This is our website

http://www.ciudadnativa.com.co

You can try to share an article inside the website vía the facebook sharer button (left side on any article) and see by yourself.

Yesterday all was OK, Today we have the problem.

Hope hearing ASAP from you

Thanks

There is helper.php file
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:23 pm
I just wanna say, i have to uninstall GK weather, but the problem persist. facebook still pointing to helper.php even the folder dont' exist.

Cleaned cache too but the same
Same error when sharing from your facebook wall
Code: Select all
: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /path-to-website/modules/mod_gk_weather/helper.php on line 245

Any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:05 pm
Hi

It's not possible that this is showing after uninstalling the module. Please see if the module files are still present at the site.

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:43 pm
I believe that something passes me seemed, I place the link of my page in Facebook, leaves me: : Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /homepages/3/d215228889/htdocs​/gk_twn_quickstart_J15/modules​/mod_gk_weather/helper.php on line 231

www.elperiodicodelsur.com

I can solve it without removing the module?

P.D.: Sorry for my english, is a translation online... :-(
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:55 pm
Hi

Sorry but facebook is not allowing to parse sites which are parsing some 3rd site. Unpublishing the module is the only option.