no icons for DAY

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:10 pm
i have a problem with the day icons, it is always night!!
i attach my settings and if anyone can help me please.
i want to mention that i have PHP 5.2
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:21 pm
tornado1979 wrote:
i have a problem with the day icons, it is always night!!
i attach my settings and if anyone can help me please.
i want to mention that i have PHP 5.2
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:56 am
no response?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:14 pm
Hi

Please send me an address to Your site with login data to panel. I'll take a look.

GK User
Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:43 pm
the site is on my laptop for the moment if you write : http://188.4.167.241/memovie_FEB2010/index.php

user admin
pass: demo

right now only the router will direct you on the webserver to check it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:01 am
ok, it is solved, i don't know how but today it shows the day icons, thank god i saw the light. thank you teitbite. :cheer: :cheer:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 28, 2010 12:11 pm
Hello i have de same problem,,, thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 28, 2010 1:59 pm
Hi

Did You set latitude and longitude correctly? Are permissions on the directories/files set to 757 ? Is cache cleared?

GK User
Fri May 28, 2010 4:04 pm
I've reviewed everything and is ok, but still not working
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat May 29, 2010 10:53 pm
several things to report...
  • >Long and Lat - from the instruction manual is unclear what to do with timezone once coordinates are set. Is timezone required or is it automatic?
  • >With timezone set (+12), weather cache disabled, cleared, and browser cache cleared, icons still remain night when it is day. With no time set (0) - icons still remain night. With lattitude and longitude set to NULL and time set to +12, no night icons
  • >google regularly omits current conditions and icon data from the present day(from xml feed)(but still provides multiday forecast data
  • >google regularly throws wobblys and provides no data at all.
  • >from instruction manual - "use no spaces in location string"...
    a little hard to do when you are in New Zealand, and google doesnt like it(gives error) without a space.
  • >Language - to obtain SI units I have used en-GB for language which provides metric units(reports wind in km/h)
  • >It appears the problem is within the component and this is accelerated by googles loose and sporadic API code.
  • >Unfortunatley all this makes it a worthless component as a 12 hour time difference means we are reporting yesterdays weather

hope this helps someone avoid some stress, and the developers fine tune this component. It will be awesome when it is complete. :woohoo:

PS - and ya BB code appears not to be working - its not pretty when the list doesnt work...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 31, 2010 11:11 am
Hi

Data is taken from this location http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Ta ... %20Zealand

Please send me joomla panel login details. I'll take a look and play with some values.

GK User
Mon May 31, 2010 1:38 pm
thanks teitbite,
i am aware where the data comes from, just pointing out a variance in instruction manual and spaces in data-it still works when the space is there.
however - your url will create problems as it has no language string which throws wind speed and multi day forecast temperature to imperial measurements.
the correct one that is being accessed is http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Ta ... d&hl=en-GB --this provides metric values

right at this minute - google is down again and no xml data provided...
<xml_api_reply version="1">
<weather module_id="0" tab_id="0" mobile_row="0" mobile_zipped="1" row="0" section="0">
<problem_cause data=""/>
</weather>
</xml_api_reply>

Google regularly provides no *current conditions - condition data* at this location which leaves the big question mark on the site. It seems at this location it is the xml which is currently mostly errant. This doesnt change the timezone variables in the component, but I think below is our best solution here.

I think our best solution for this location is omit the *current data* and only put on the 3 day forecast which will solve most our problems here. This is easily done through tmpl and css
Fresh Boarder