question mark and warning message

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:32 am
Hello.

I'm trying to put GK Weather on my site but it seems that something isn't ok.

As you can see in the screenshots there is a warning from my local site or a question mark on the online site.

So i need to know what happens and how to solve it.

The location is set to Santa Comba Dao,PT
I also tried to substitute the spacess with %20 but it remains with the same behaviour.

Thanks,
Miguel.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 pm
Hi

Please check the permissions of the files in this module. Please also play with values of cache time.

GK User
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:54 am
hello.

i change permission on that file to 744 and the question mark disappeared. It's OK to be like that?

what files should I edit to modify the way/order text and icon is presented? Also if I want to forecast 4 days, the module can't hold all the information, if it's published to inset position (at least this one, the only that I have used for testing).

One suggestion:
If we decide to display only one day, why can't you include some button or link to the rest of the days? It could open in mainbody the complete information about weather forecast.

Similar to the poll module buttons/behaviour.

Thanks,
Miguel.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:37 am
well, io tried to post the module to online site and it continue to show the question mark.

I played with permissions, disable module cache and clear firefox cache and it remains...

What should i do?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:55 pm
this afternoon i open the web page and it works... could it be anything related to the time that we open the webpage?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:36 pm
Can you show me some screen shot of the configurations?

Meanwhile, try to add this code on gk_stuff.css file:

Code: Select all

#weather1 .gkw_main_right h2{
width: 60%;
float: right;
font-size: 180%;
line-height: 20px;
margin: -85px -10px 0 0!important;
}
#weather1 .gkw_main_right p{
line-height: 5px;
}
#weather1 .gkw_next_days li.aitems-3{
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}
#weather1 .gkw_fday{
border: none
}

This will only effect this module ID.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 pm
Thanks Seichinha.

I think in that solution but i don't know how to do it... now it's perfect! Does it works with 4 days forecast to?

I send the screen shot from gk_weather module files... the files in directories have the same permissions in that directory.

Just one more question... why are we making changes to gk_stuff.css and not in each individual css files from the modules/plugoins/components?

Thanks a lot (cumprimentos),
Miguel.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:34 pm
missed upload screenshot... here it goes.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:09 pm
The code is to work with 3 next days forecasts (since i saw it on your website).
But with 4, it need some adjustments and must be displayed in 2 rows and 2 columns.
Set it with 4 and i will take a quick look.

About the screenshot, i was referring to the module configuration, not the files. ;)

Abraço
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:50 pm
ok, i will post the screen shot from module config.

Now it's 21:50 local time and the question mark appears again. So i think it's something related to the hours...

Can you study this behaviour?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:56 am
There's no need for the screenshot, because i already visit your site (Teitbite gave me the log data)

The problem about "question mark", i really don't know how to solve it. That's something for our programmer to study. Anyway, i have set latitude and Longitude coordinates, so it displays already night icons.

I have notice that your host provider is located on Italy and i tried to adjust timezone, but without any interference on the "?" icon, like i thought.

About the 4 icons display, if you decide to use it, replace the code that i provide previously (looks better):

This code on gk_stuff.css:

}
}
#weather1 .gkw_next_days li.aitems-3{
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}
#weather1 .gkw_fday{
border: none
}

with this one

}
}
#weather1 .gkw_next_days li.aitems-4{
padding: 5px 25px;
margin-right: -10px;
}
#weather1 .gkw_fday{
border-left: 1px solid #eee
}
#weather1 .gkw_next_days {
margin-left: -15px;
}

Cumprimentos ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:43 pm
Ok, I will give it a try.

I noticed that the first forecast day it's equal to current day. It's this normal?
Today is Monday and the first forecast day shouldn't be Tuesday?

Thanks,
Miguel.
Fresh Boarder