Cant figure out weather location system?

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:12 pm
I am looking to add the weather using this module for spring valley new york(unite states) I can pull it up using google but im not sure how to add it with the module
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:26 pm
Hi

I've searched google for Your location and the closer perimeter area is http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Ch ... 0Ridge,USA

Is it good? If Yes please use "Chestnut Ridge,USA" for location at configuration of gk_weather module.

GK User
Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:56 pm
That location would be ok.But i still see nothing but a blank space

location Chestnut Ridge,USA
full city name Chestnut Ridge

are there other fields i need to fill out? All i see is blank area nothing is listed
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:10 pm
Hi

I have typed Your location into my site and got warning message. It is nothing serious but has moved the weather module visible area under the bottom module so it was not visible. Please go to the file modules/mod_gk_weather/helper.php and in line 134:

Code: Select all
         if(filesize(realpath('cache/mod_gk_weather.xml')) == 0 || ((filemtime(realpath('cache/mod_gk_weather.xml')) + $this->config['cacheTime'] * 60) < time()))

put "@" sign before the filesize function so it will look

Code: Select all
         if(@filesize(realpath('cache/mod_gk_weather.xml')) == 0 || ((filemtime(realpath('cache/mod_gk_weather.xml')) + $this->config['cacheTime'] * 60) < time()))

It made the module visible on my site. I'have used this settings:

teitbite
Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:11 pm
Hi

It looks like that:

GK User
Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:36 am
What about Haiti can anyone help ?

Port-au-prince, HT
Port-au-prince, HT

Maybe i'm wrong
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:06 pm

GK User
Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:19 am
Thanks for the reply but nothing works for me so far ...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:20 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to Your site. I'll try it myself.

GK User
Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:27 am
Sorry after im done what you just said , i went on my site the next day and everything was working fine,,, i think there a delay or maybe sometimes during the night it stop working ..
I will need to look closer on that too ..
thanks a lot
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:40 am
Now every night , i got this error message :An error occured - you set wrong location or data for your location are unavailable

Strange ......
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 am
It looks like problem with google weather feed, sometimes this data is anavailable.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:04 pm
Hi

Try maby extend the cache value so it'll cover the time frame of problem with connection.

GK User
Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:18 pm
what coild be the best value to put ? i've try different value but non of them works at night ..AFTER 11 no data is available ..Thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:56 pm
Hi

What value You have right now ?

I believe 3 - 5h should cover the gap problem.

GK User
Sat May 21, 2011 5:12 pm
i try 3 -4-5 and none of them can stop this issue ... i guess i have to leave it as it is ..
Thanks anyway
Expert Boarder