yahoo weather api

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 2:48 am
Hi,

I have a problem with weather module. I think that Yahoo have created new conditions codes. I have a look at their website, but the conditions codes list is still the same (same as helper.php file of gavick weather module). But today I have a problem (see screenshot). Looks like there's no condition code matching a weather icon.
Thanks for help.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 7:50 am
By default module should return default text from Yahoo when it is not translated. By just yahoo api returns "Undefined". Could you show me your site URL ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 8:43 am
Hi,
There is no image matching no sentence, it is not a problem of translation because by default there is always the sentence of weather condition in english. When the sentence match the yahoo weather code, it matchs too the weather icon. In that case there is no english sentence, no weather condition.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 20, 2013 8:32 am
From image I see default yahoo icon what mean that even Yahoo don't have translation for this forecast type :) for it is just temporary problem with the feed, did you get this image again ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon May 20, 2013 7:50 pm
Hello,

Yes I had same problem another time. What do you mean by problem of translation. Because "UNKNOWN" is english and Yahoo forecast is in english too ?????
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 8:39 am
Probably the feed returns this phrase so it looks really like temporary problem with their feed. When you see it again please let me know, I want to check the module code.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:17 pm
Yahoo have changed how to recive api easy and free. It now a service you pay for.

http://soup.metwit.com/post/47181933854 ... eather-api
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 am
I've checked original API page and there is no word about any changes >> http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/ Please note that article is about GEOCODE not WEATHER API.
Platinum Boarder