GKweather and joomfish

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:42 pm
Hi,
i install new site this afternoon with joomfish and your weather module, my problem is for the language in module setting is done for French and that's right on front.

but when i switch to english or russian nothing change, i didn't found the language file for weather the only one i found was in english language folder.

So what can i do to have translation in three languges with joomfish?

thank's for help
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:14 pm
Nobody for the same use ?

i've made a small parameter change today, in module, language field i 've put "En" to have it in english.

Now in Frontend when i click on english flag weather infromations are in english.
When i click on french flag that's right too but i don't understand how?

By cons in russian language weather informations stay displayed in french ?

Can you explain me what is the way to change it to russian.

Thank's
Profwalken
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:48 pm
Sorry but GK Weather module isn't prepared to work with Joomfish component.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:16 pm
dziudek wrote:
Sorry but GK Weather module isn't prepared to work with Joomfish component.

Hi Dziudek,
Ok GKW is not ready for JF but why is it working fine for french and english when parameter are on english and stay in french for russian?

Where are language file in GKW ? or what is the normal way to have it in only one other language , in this case what do i have to do ? and where are language files?

A little bit explanation to try to solve myself if it's possible.

Thank's

Prfowalken
Senior Boarder

professionals
Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:25 pm
Hi there!
Well the problem can lay in your language files which are 'chosen' in the Jumfish configuration. First it's important to have desired language files installed for your template then joomfish works properly as long as its files are properaly translated and your website has defined proper charset (for Russian Windows 1251 or KOI8-R). That's sure thing :)
If you website stays in French while setting it to Russian please check carefully Jumfish configuration and if you have appropriate language files.
However as far as GK Weather module is concerned you must remember that it is based on Google API and so it retrives data from XML file for specified location, language.
And so for example as the pdf HelpFileWeather says:

Please specify language for forecast - some examples:
en for english
fr for french
it for italian
pl for polish
Important!!! Some language need more specific identification.
For example, for portuguese language you need to identity if
is portuguese from Portugal (pt-PT) or portuguese speak on
Brazil (pt-BR).

so ru for Russian and then you have to give a location like Moscow.
You can see an example of XML file provided by Google API for this very location clicking at this link:

http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Moscow,Russia&hl=ruhttp://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Moscow,Russia&hl=ru

I hope I helped a bit :)
By the way what's the weather in your city now? ;)

GK User
Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:56 pm
profwalken, how did you make this parameter? my e-mail adress [email protected] [if you would like to send my private message]
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 18, 2010 11:23 am
Hi,
i got it worked like this, for example
in the joomfish panel select english language and mod weather, then in the second (translation)column change tho code to "en", it works great, hope this will help you, for me its working in italian and english language
Fresh Boarder