Weather Module Appearence...

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:23 am
Hainesport Fire Company

using the Weather Module.
The module skips a line with the four day forecast. The last day shows on a second line. I originally thought that this was because of the column width, however I have adjusted the width and moved it into several module positions, and the same problem persists.

Also I am seeing a large orange "?" for the current day icon ... what would cause this to be a "?" instead of its purposeful icon?

Thank You.

The website is currently located:
http://endchapter.org
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:56 pm
In rule:
Code: Select all
ul.gkw_next_days li{

please add:
Code: Select all
padding:0!important;

Because your template style adds additional padding to forecast elements ;)

About question mark - Sometimes Google Weather haven't condition data for specified city - then module shows this icon - you can analyze it in cache file - http://endchapter.org/modules/mod_gk_we ... eather.xml
Administrator

GK User
Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:25 pm
the padding to zero did not fix ... any other ideas?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:27 pm
Did you set it correclty ? because in firebug still I see 4px left padding - please add rule with padding in module style.css around line 21.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:50 pm
you were right :P i set it in wrong place. it looks wonderful now. thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:05 pm
my weather icon also just turned to a large orange question mark. Is this temporary or do you mean it has lost it's setting and needs to be reset?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:04 am
charleyhankins wrote:
my weather icon also just turned to a large orange question mark. Is this temporary or do you mean it has lost it's setting and needs to be reset?

With all icons or just few?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:34 pm
I'm just using the current weather. The icon eventually changed to sunny and has been working ever since. I might change the question mark icon to partly cloudy with mild rain. that could almost always be right - ha!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:42 am
Well, that icon identify "other" conditions not yet set on the script.

Since this is the first version, we will improve it more, naturally ;)

Cheers
Platinum Boarder