Problem installing v1.6.3 : creates new root folder!

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:14 pm
Front site : http://www.dallascoiffure.be
Template : Coffe v2.13
Joomla version 2.5.8

Hello,

When I install the weather module I notice that, in addition of the module folder created like usually in www/modules/ named : mod_weather_gk4, the module creates another folder, in the root folder just near the www/ folder, named this time wwwmodules/ then it puts inside the folder: mod_weather_gk4

I've tried removing it but when you refresh the front-end page containing the weather module, it re-creates the same folder again!

Anyone has an idea of what may cause the problem?

Regards.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 am
Can you please download attached .zip file and overwrite helper.php in GK4 Weather modules folder. Let me know if that works for you.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:43 pm
normanUK wrote:Can you please download attached .zip file and overwrite helper.php in GK4 Weather modules folder. Let me know if that works for you.

See you around...

Hi norman and thank you for your reply,

Yes, the problem seem to be fixed, after removing the wwwmodules folder it is not created anymore and the module seem to be working fine in the frontend..

Perhaps, I just noticed that the language setting thru the module admin backend was removed, in the oldest versions it was possible to change the "forecast language" I've been using "fr" instead of "en" and I need it to be in french since the website and it visitors do speak FR.

I still can see the lines in the language file:

MOD_WEATHER_GK4_LANG="Language"
MOD_WEATHER_GK4_LANG_DESC="Please specify language for forecast - i.e. 'en' for english"

But cannot find it in the module settings, any idea how to get that fixed too, please?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:55 am
I have checked and those language strings are probably left from previous version as they are not in use as suggested translate weather forecast words and calendar months to French by following below instructions.

Simply copy modules language file to FR language folder and rename it as below and do your French translations in that file.

Original File: language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_weather_gk4.ini
French File Should be: language/fr-FR/fr-FR.mod_weather_gk4.ini

See you around...
Platinum Boarder