cURL extension is not available on your server

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:56 am
I install the module but it shows me : cURL extension is not available on your server

What is the problem ???
Fresh Boarder

Robert Gavick
Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:59 am
If you see the fatal error: cURL extension is not available on your server then you need to have CURL enabled on your server. You can ask your hosting provider to activate this.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:35 pm
Hi,

My site crashed after I had activated cURL in my PHP setting.

The hosting company support has asked to file a ticket for "allow outbound connections". They require the following information:

Please allow the outbound connections for scripts for FTP username: XXXXXXX
Local script filename (and location) which needs the outbound connection:
Remote server IP address and port number:
Exact purpose of this connection:
Please note that our firewall is IP based. If the remote host changes its IP address in the future, please notify us of the change.

What are the details we have to fill in here?

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:11 am
So you can have problem, because I think that Google doesn't use one server with one IP address to publish weather informations ;)
Administrator

GK User
Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:15 am
@Dziudek

Then what would you suggest would go in here: "Local script filename (and location) which needs the outbound connection:" ?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder