GK Weather problems

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:56 pm
Since a few days I got the often mentioned XML-error.

I tried it manually with that URL: http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Mountain+View

All I do get is another error message:
XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Syntax-Fehler
Adresse: http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Mountain+View
Zeile Nr. 1, Spalte 1:Unsupported API

Is this a temporary problem or need the module an adjustment? Or is this Google API not useable anymore? Anyone an idea/alternative?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 pm
Unfortunately the Google Weather API will be probably no longer supported. In this case you will have to use the Yahoo weather API available in the module. We'll release soon an updated version of the module which will support only the Yahoo Weather API.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:30 am
I'm running gk_weather 1.3 on a Joomla 1.5.26. How can I switch over to the Yahoo API in this version?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:34 am
I'm sorry but only the Weather GK4 version of the module (only for Joomla! 1.6+) supports Yahoo! Weather API.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Hy. I am having the same problem with this component. I am using the latest version of your Weather GK4 and Joomla 2.5 . I receive the same error, every day.

XML Parsing Error at 1:252. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)

How can this be fixed? I don't care if the aplication takes the data from yahoo or Google. i want this module to work properly.

Any sugestion?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:58 pm
Are you cleaning the cache after changing the data source for the module?
Administrator