Problem with GK Weather 1.5 after upgrade

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:47 am
Hello,

I've been using an oldest version (If I recall well 1.3) and after I upgraded to 1.5 few minutes ago thru Joomlas' installation, file downloaded from this site, I started getting an error in the front site http://nadorpresse.com

The error is: XML Parsing Error at 1:513. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)

I've been using "fr" in language untill now with encoding set to "ISO-8859-1" as i've been getting some displaying problems in the past and this encoding charset have fixed the problem, when i change the language to fr-FR, the module works but uses English as language, I put that back to fr , I get the error again, I then tried using en, that makes it work.

I also tried setting the language to "es" then I get a blank page in the front, error display mode turned to ON in conf I get this error:

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/nador217/public_html) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Is a directory in /home/nador217/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 418

Notice: Undefined property: JSimpleXMLElement::$day_of_week in /home/nador217/public_html/modules/mod_weather_gk4/helper.php on line 390

Fatal error: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /home/nador217/public_html/modules/mod_weather_gk4/helper.php on line 390

With language set to "en", the site works, the module loads. With language set to "fr" the module does not work and I get this error : An error occured during parsing XML data. Please try again.

Conclusion, if someone get the same error message while using the option "encoding" set to the charset given as example in the option description, they need to get ride of it to make the module work.

Something in the new code seem to be causing this problem, could anyone take a look at it, please?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:36 am
Hi

Please send me an access to Your site.

GK User
Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:59 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please send me an access to Your site.

Hi,

You've already got a login, please check the PM Re: og:image not generated

Please note: the module works as long as we do not use the "encoding" option from the module's parameters, it bugs only when one uses that option, something in the new updates' code has to be fixed to get ride of that..
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:28 am
Hi

I can see this module working fine. Is it happening occasionaly or do I have to do something to see this error ?

GK User
Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:45 am

I can see this module working fine. Is it happening occasionaly or do I have to do something to see this error ?

Check the website now..

When you edit the module configuration, select "General Settings" and then in the field "Encoding", if you put the value recommended by GK in case there's a problem with the display, along with "fr" as language, you get the error you can see right now and the module does not work.

You remove the value and leave "Encoding" setting blank, the module would work again with no error message in the frontend..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:33 am
Hi,

Website's running in production mode so I had to get ride of the error message, but here is how it looks like when you set from the configuration the "Encoding" option :

error_gk_weather_setting.jpg

Then in the Frontend you get this error in the top of the page the module is running on, in this case the homepage:

error_gk_weather_top-frontend.jpg

And the module looks like this:

error_gk_weather2.jpg

leonabil wrote:

Check the website now..

When you edit the module configuration, select "General Settings" and then in the field "Encoding", if you put the value recommended by GK in case there's a problem with the display, along with "fr" as language, you get the error you can see right now and the module does not work.

You remove the value and leave "Encoding" setting blank, the module would work again with no error message in the frontend..
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:10 pm
Hi

Sorry. I got unsubscribed from this thread by accident. Is your issue solved or do you still require my help?

But is the problem present only when try to set an ISO code?

GK User
Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:58 pm
As far as I've seen till now, the problem's showing each time one sets an ISO code, but i've noticed the same error from time to time even tho i'm not using any ISO code..

Sorry. I got unsubscribed from this thread by accident. Is your issue solved or do you still require my help?

But is the problem present only when try to set an ISO code?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:35 am
Hi

Please try it with a bigger cache value and wit cache disabled at all. I'm affraid the reason it breaks from time to time is because script cannot establish connection to google server everytime.

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:32 pm
Hi,

I've changed the module's cache from 60 minutes to 120 minutes, I will higher it if needed..

I will let you know if the problem persists, thanks.

Please try it with a bigger cache value and wit cache disabled at all. I'm affraid the reason it breaks from time to time is because script cannot establish connection to google server everytime.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 02, 2012 3:51 pm
Hi

Ok. I'll be waiting.

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm
I Keep getting this error on my GK weather module

Notice: Undefined property: JSimpleXMLElement::$weather in /home/jhadncou/public_html/tennis/modules/mod_weather_gk4/helper.php on line 366

do you have any ideas?

kind regards

Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:17 am
Hi

This is just a notification not an error, please simply disable showing error messages in joomla global configuration server.