Module position / Left bar

January 2013 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:47 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I have two questions that I can use some assistance. I am using Magazine template with Joomla 2.5.
1) i was successful at removing the left bar as per client requests. However, a piece of it is still showing and I can't find where to hide this. Please advis (image 1 attached)

2) In mainbody module position on homepage, I have removed the module text from appearing. Therefore, the opening item on the homepage is a picture, followed by intor text. Since the module title does not appear, the alignment of the module does not look flush with the "Home" menu item or the title in the sidebar position. Is this possible to move the image up (image "Capture" attached)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:12 pm
Report this post
Could You please post an url to your site?

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Could You please post an url to your site?

Thanks for response.
Link: http://192.185.56.226/~agent/

It's not associated with a Domain as of yet
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:11 pm
Report this post
As far as I can see - you modify template files not just hiding the elements with css, am I right?

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:13 pm
Report this post
If you would like to remove the link "back to top" completely, please edit file:
templates/gk_magazine/layouts/blocks/tools/toolbar.php
and remove:
Code: Select all
<a href="#gkPageTop" id="gkBackToTop"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_BACK_TO_TOP'); ?></a>

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:16 pm
Report this post
article headerTo remove top spacing above the images, please edit: /templates/gk_magazine/css/override.css and add at its end:
article header {margin: 0px;}

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

If you would like to make this change only on homepage, please write back, Ill provide you an information about that method.

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:23 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:article headerTo remove top spacing above the images, please edit: /templates/gk_magazine/css/override.css and add at its end:
article header {margin: 0px;}

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

If you would like to make this change only on homepage, please write back, Ill provide you an information about that method.

Hi - Both information worked perfectly! Thank you for your assistance. If you can provide the steps on how to do on only homepage, that would be great.

Again, thank you very much!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:33 pm
Report this post
To make css changes to only one page (homepage for example), please read this article:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/gen ... mla-pages/
Its about disabling content on a site, but the most important part is about creating page suffixes.
If you will create homepage suffic (homePage for example), you can use it then as a base for css declarations:
body.homePage article header {margin: 0px;}

This way 0px margins will only work on a header element inside an article element on homepage (on page with homePage suffix)