Images Won't Show On GK News Show Pro

January 2013 WordPress Theme
GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:58 am
I'm not sure if I did this wrong, but my images aren't showing up in news show pro. Do the images need to be a specific directory?

Here's my site: tvsourcemagazine.com
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 am
Hi,

Currently the GK News Show Pro widget displays only images which are Featured Image of the post.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 pm
dziudek wrote:Hi,

Currently the GK News Show Pro widget displays only images which are Featured Image of the post.

Ahhhh ok. That makes sense now. Does that apply for category pages too?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 pm
Also...

Do images need to be uploaded to a specific directory for them to be included? Right now I have my images coming from my "image" directory.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:48 pm
Yes, the big image displayed over the article content on the article page is the featured image of the post.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 pm
dziudek wrote:Yes, the big image displayed over the article content on the article page is the featured image of the post.

I saw from the coding for the widgets that images need to be in the "wp-content/uploads/" folder.

1) Is it possible for that to be changed in future updates?

2) Would changing all instances of that to "images" further prevent it from working?

I ask because I'm still fairly new to Wordpress. I've worked with Joomla for the last 9 years and recently made the switch. There's still a lot for me to learn. I tried looking for the template specific document PDFs that used to accompany Gavick releases, but I see they're not used anymore.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:55 pm

2) Would changing all instances of that to "images" further prevent it from working?

Sorry but I don't understand these questions. The images from the media manager always are placed in the wp-content/uploads directory.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:25 pm
dziudek wrote:

Sorry but I don't understand these questions. The images from the media manager always are placed in the wp-content/uploads directory.

I initially changed my media upload folder from wp-content/uploads to images. I changed it back. Basically what i'm trying to ask is, will it be possible at some point for the widget to pull the image from the post itself, not the featured image. Like how the Joomla version of News Show Pro and Slideshow.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 am
Currently there is no plans to add support for other images in the posts, because the featured images should be the only source of post image in the widgets - it is a normal in WordPress that user defined the featured image of the post and this image is used as a post "icon".
Administrator