Main menu highlight color

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:30 am
Report this post
Morning all,

Need to change just one of my main menu items to a different highlight color, is there a way to implement this via the gavick menu paramaters in the menu setting?

e.g. some type of css code?

Thank you.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:27 pm
Report this post
Hi

Every menu element has it's unique css selector with it's menu item ID number. Using this You can make changes to it like in this example:

Code: Select all
#menu618 { color: #ffffff; }

GK User
Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:36 pm
Report this post
So the id of the menu I need to change is 523 therefore input:

#menu523 { color: #65a847; }

in the link css style options?

or #523 { color: #65a847; }

Neither of these seem to work...

Maybe this goes into the template css override?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:01 pm
Report this post
Solved by putting the css code in the template css override.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:10 pm
Report this post
Hi

All css changes should be stored in /css/override.css. This will help You to keep all the changes untouched during template update.

GK User
Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:48 pm
Report this post
Hi there teitbite,

I just converted my site over to the "news refreshed" template and the menu color change is no longer working, I checked that my original code was in the CSS override and yes it's there. Any suggestions to get this working again?

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:10 pm
Report this post
Hi

In this case I will need to see Your site. Please tell me the url so I'll check. Also it's a pretty old thread so if You can remind me briefly what was the task about that would be great.

GK User
Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:29 pm
Report this post
Hi the site is: https://www.blueheronclinic.com/ newly converted to the news refreshed template.

Previously I had asked for a way to change the color of one of my main menu items and you had provided some css code ( #menu618 { color: #ffffff; }) for the css override template section which worked perfectly.

However, since converting to the new template this css code no longer has any effect.

current css code #menu523 { color: #fa9601; }

Appreciate your help once again teitbite.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:33 am
Report this post
Hi

Looks like same code should work, so I'm guessing it was removed, but just in case make selector a little bit more detailed. Like this:

Code: Select all
#gkPageTop .gkMenu > ul > li > a#menu523 {
    color: #000;
}

GK User
Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 pm
Report this post
Yes I removed the old code as it was no longer working.

The new code you provided did the trick, thank you!

Another thing with the new News Refreshed template, is it missing some files that were present on the original News template?

Reason I'm asking is I'm receiving a php error message when using a social login, I've posted on the gavick forum here: https://www.gavick.com/forums/news-refreshed/php-error-message-after-template-upgrade-50804
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:15 pm
Report this post
Hi

Not missing, simply code from those file was moved to a different file. I've reported it to programmers already and this fix will be included in packages soon.

GK User
Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:26 pm
Report this post
Thanks it has been fixed based on your instructions on another thread.
Senior Boarder