Turn main menu item into k2 tools module

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:33 pm
Report this post
Hi I'm attempting to insert a k2 tools module into a main menu item following the instructions below:

https://www.gavick.com/blog/how-to-loading-or-add-module-as-menu-items

The K2 tools module function is category select box and the idea behind this is the user can explore all my k2 categories by clicking or hovering over the mainmenu item explore.

I had originally placed this k2 tools module in the inset position which worked great but want to save space by moving it to a menu item if at all possible.

Following the instructions on the link above allowed me to associate the k2 tools module with the menu item and the dropdown category select box appears but it's causing some unpleasant visual effects.

Appreciate any suggestions on how to make this work this thanks a million!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:30 pm
Report this post
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

teitbite
Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:06 pm
Report this post
Hi

I've added this module to the last menu item submenu. Please take a look in menu manager to see the settings. I've made a copy of this module and attached it to a module position called "menu10" which I also selected in menu item settings.

Now You can adjust it a little by adding some padding. Copy this code to override.css

Code: Select all
#gkExtraMenu .k2CategorySelectBlock {
    padding: 20px;
}

GK User
Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:32 pm
Report this post
Wow, that's amazing work and exactly what I wanted thank you! :D :D :D
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:34 pm
Report this post
Hi

Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

teitbite
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:00 am
Report this post
How do I remove the MODULE IN MENU title showing up there?

Try to simply deactivate it in menu item settings, there should be an option to Show/Hide item title. I cannot check it right now since the joomla panel access I used before is not working anymore.

GK User
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:03 am
Report this post
Thanks I eventually figured it out.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:24 pm
Report this post
Hi

Can You please share what solution have You used ? In case someone will be looking for an answer to the same question ?

GK User
Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:14 pm
Report this post
Sure thing.

The module in menu title was actually a text separator set up as a sub menu item of the joomla test menu item seen in the image.

So actually, instead of deactivating it I merely changed the
module in menu
title to something else which reflected the nature of my site.

Hope that helps someone else!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:15 pm
Report this post
Hi

I'm sure it will. Thank You. Thread closed.