Readmore-Button not displayed?

December 2012 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:44 pm
Report this post
Hi.
I just installed the new Version of the News-Template in Joomla 3. K2 is not needed and I uninstalled it. So far everything works fine, except of the ReadMore-Button on the Frontpage. I have 5 Articles on the Frontpage with an Intro-Text. In Item-Parameters and the Parameters of the Menu Item I activeted the Read-More-Button, the Plugin is also activated, but the Button doesn't appear. In the Template-Settings I didn't find any Config about it, did I miss something?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:26 am
Report this post
Hi

Ok, but I need to know what type of presentation You've chose to show this articles ? Is it some kind of news presentation module, a component, what layout ? Or tell me the url and point to where I should look to see it.

GK User
Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:21 pm
Report this post
It ist the Core Function of Joomla, Blog Layout for the Frontpage. The Link I will send you by PM.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:36 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please edit file. /html/com_content/featured/default_item.php and add this code to where Read More to be displayed:

Code: Select all
<?php if ($params->get('show_readmore') && $this->item->readmore) :
   if ($params->get('access-view')) :
      $link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($this->item->slug, $this->item->catid, $this->item->language));
   else :
      $menu = JFactory::getApplication()->getMenu();
      $active = $menu->getActive();
      $itemId = $active->id;
      $link = new JUri(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=login&Itemid=' . $itemId, false));
      $link->setVar('return', base64_encode(JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($this->item->slug, $this->item->catid, $this->item->language), false)));
   endif; ?>

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.readmore', array('item' => $this->item, 'params' => $params, 'link' => $link)); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

GK User
Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:27 pm
Report this post
Thanks, now it works. :)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:46 pm
Report this post
Hi

Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro