help to customize NEWS template

December 2012 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 pm
Report this post
Hi all,

I'm writing here hoping in someone who can help me with the customization of NEWS template for my website.
I have installed the quickstart package with all your demo examples. Unfortunately I am new with K2 component and tried to understand how it works (following and changing your articles for example) but don't uderstand how really I can change them.
More, I need to know how to customize my home page with only the modules I need and if the inner pages of website can work with your template even if I don't use K2.

I'm sorry if I seem confused but I am really confused.... :roll:

Hope somenone can help me.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:07 pm
Report this post
Most of our homepage elements are modules. Some of them like News Show Pro or Images Show uses data source to display what they show. So if you will decide to completely resign from K2 - you can change data source and elements will still work.
As it goes to K2 - spend some time on checking how it works from admin panel. We don't have a guide to K2 as it is a component that we use. Perhaps you can check on K2 site.

GK User
Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 pm
Report this post
Thank you very much for your answer. I will try to customize my HP and will ask you again in case of problems.
Is there a list of sites that use this template to watch how they work?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 pm
Report this post
Please check:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/member-sites.html
Users publish there their ready sites. Maybe you will find some inspiration there.

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:16 am
Report this post
Hi Cyberek,

I am building my new site but I have found some things I don't know how to configure and need some help from you. Can you assist me in customizing the site?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:54 am
Report this post
Please split your questions into separate topics and post each on the forum as separate thread. This way we will be able to help you quite fast :).

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:19 am
Report this post
ok. thank you.
Expert Boarder