Changing main menu styles in Publisher

Amazing blog Joomla template for personal website with extensive features, additional typography and nice showcase of featured posts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:39 pm
Report this post
Hello,

Is it possible to change one main menu style with another one? I want to have main menu from Magazine style (style3) in Freestyle style (default style1 i think). I have changed menu.css file replacing code in section 'main menu CSS' from style3.css but it doesn't work. I have the same default Freestyle menu still.

Regards
SP
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:40 pm
Report this post
It would be better to use override.css in case You would like to upgrade template in future.

Please show me url to your site and Ill check why the new styling doesnt work.

GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm
Report this post
Oh, thank you for such quick answer. After you have mentioned about override.css, i have chcecked it and there were some code which could make those menu trouble. Now all is ok. Thank you and im sorry for bothering. But i have one another question. Which code fragment i have to put into override.css from 'main menu CSS' section to style my menu. Really it would be better to not mess with original menu.css.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:23 pm
Report this post
Ok, just to be clear:
You would like to copy styling from:
Magazine template - color style 3
to:
Publisher template?

GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:46 pm
Report this post
No. There are 4 color styles in Publisher template (Options -> Template color). I want to have whole page in Freestyle 'color' but not main menu. I want it in Magazine 'color'. As Magazine i understand here Template color not your another template. They have the same names (template 'Magazine' and one of Template color option in 'Publisher') so there is some missunderstanding.

And i have edited menu.css and copy there code from style3.css (section 'main menu CSS') but i think, as you seggested, better choice is to add that code to override.css. But i dont know which code fragment i have to add to that file.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:12 pm
Report this post
Ill try to paste here all required code, but some stuff might be missing, so please write back if something doesnt look ok.
Lets start with entire section look:
Code: Select all
#gkPageLogo {background: #FFF; border-bottom: 1px solid #E9E8E7; margin-bottom: 44px!important;}

now the menu:
Code: Select all
.gkMenu {margin-top: 15px;}
.gkMenu > ul {height: 60px;}
.gkMenu > ul > li > a {background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); color: #333; font-size: 16px; font-weight: 600; padding: 0 10px; text-transform: none;}
.gkMenu > ul > li:hover > a, .gkMenu > ul > li:active > a, .gkMenu > ul > li:focus > a, .gkMenu > ul > li.active:hover > a, .gkMenu > ul > li.active:active > a, .gkMenu > ul > li.active:focus > a, .gkMenu > ul > li.active > a {background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); color: #C75F2C;}
.gkMenu > ul div.childcontent-inner {background: #C75F2C; -webkit-border-radius: 3px; -moz-border-radius: 3px; border-radius: 3px; -webkit-box-shadow: none; -moz-box-shadow: none; -ms-box-shadow: none; -o-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none;}

Place it in override.css

Please read first about adding custom CSS:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -template/

GK User
Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:54 am
Report this post
Tnak you. All works fine now.
Senior Boarder