How to add stroke to header text in sliders?

Get help or discuss with other members about business Joomla! 3 and 2.5 template designed especially for your start-up projects on dedicated support forum.
GK User
Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:57 am
Hi guys,

New to wordpress and its workings, decided to start with you guys themes so far and slowly getting the hang of it.

One question: how can I add a stroke to the text in the sliders of the header? with my background picture it is slightly hard to read the white text, maybe if it had a slight black stroke to it might be bit easier.

I had a quick look and looks just like a H2 header? however I tried adding a few css elements in the editor with no success.

If it is infact H2 I probably dont want a stroke effect anywhere else on the page if any other typograhpy elements use that tag if its possible.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:43 am
Hi,

You should use this CSS selector:
Code: Select all
.gk-is-wrapper-gk_startup .gk-is-text

or if you want only a header, this one
Code: Select all
.gk-is-wrapper-gk_startup .gk-is-text h2 a

The best place for your own CSS rules is Startup/css/override.css file - put there your css code, because of future theme updates (you'll copy only this file - override.css and you can update all theme files without losing your modifications).

Don't forget to enable this override option from Template Options -> Advanced tab.

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:36 am
Worked thank you. Rather than creating a new thread can I ask how I can center a button link? Im using a button as per the typography page from Startup however its always just aligned left. Even if I wrap some center tags around it it wont move.

Guessing I have to edit the css for the button style somehow?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:09 am
Could you provide an URL to your website? (here or via PM), then I'll be able to help you with this button.