Startup 1.2 Update files (Wrong Link)

Get help or discuss with other members about business Joomla! 3 and 2.5 template designed especially for your start-up projects on dedicated support forum.
GK User
Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:09 pm
Hi

I'm in the process of updating my Startup 1.1 WP theme to version 1.2, however, I'm having a bit of a problem finding the correct zip file which contains the v1.2 updated files. All the links which I've found that state "download" version 1.2 link to the AppsPro Tech Theme page not the Startup Download Page.

So for example: the "Download" link on the Startup for WP Updates change log page, points to https://www.gavick.com/download/downloa ... ch_wp.html

If I go to the "Download WordPress Themes - Startup Page" Which zip file must I download to get the updated version 1.2 files (all the files currently in these zips seem to be for 1.1)

Also why is there no zip containing (Only) the version 1.2 files?

The gk_startup_rest_files_WP_3.4.zip appears to be old (3.4 rather than 3.5)?

Also is it usual for a theme to get SO many files updated, it seems the WP Startup theme may have been released prematurely and as a result have had many more bugs than what it should have had. My primary reason for being concerned is that with so many files to (Manually) update the process is rather frustrating and frankly takes quite a while.

Regards
Jeremy Paton
Forge Media, Inc.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 pm
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback - I've fixed the URL on https://www.gavick.com/updates/template ... ,1114.html

I've downloaded the package gk_startup_WP_3.5.zip and it contains the files for version 1.2.

I'll report to our developers to prepare the update packages containing only the modified files after the weekend.

The Startup theme wasn't released prematurely - please remember that the updates to the major version (1.X not 1.1.Y) are connected with updates of the GavernWP framework - fixes are 30% from all changes and additionally part of it are small, not important changes.

Good news and tip for you - to avoid similar problems in the future changes, please use the Child Themes mechanism for your changes - it is fully implemented in the 1.2 update and it was described in this article: http://gavick.com/magazine/gavernwp-qui ... hemes.html
Administrator

GK User
Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:37 pm
Thanks dziudek for the fast reply

I just noticed that I the zip folder does contain the updated v1.2 files, the wrong link just got me a bit confused.

Thanks for the article on the child-theme mechanic, I will have a look at that now.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:40 pm
OK, I understand now - you have followed the URL for AppsProTech which was released in the 1.1 version :)

BTW I forgot about another thing - regarding the WP_3.4 in the rest_files package name - this package contains only the PSD files and in general wasn't updated in the last time - that's why the name contains older version of WP. We will consider to totally remove the WP version in the rest_files packages for the future.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback - it will really help us to improve our members experiences with our themes :)
Administrator