How to change blog URL

Get help or discuss with other members about business Joomla! 3 and 2.5 template designed especially for your start-up projects on dedicated support forum.
GK User
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:46 am
I am moving an older site to a new one with Startup, however I need to have the blog URL's show up with /blog/ instead of /category/. Can you please tell me how to setup an archive page of all posts with /blog/ as the base?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:09 am
As an update, I went in and created a category called Blog and made all the categories under the blog sub-categories. This works fine, but the breadcrumbs don't show the "Blog" in them, so it seems the breadcrumbs can't handle blog subcategories?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 am
Hi,

Could you provide me an URL to website with this problem?
Administrator

GK User
Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 pm
I am developing locally, so I can't provide a live URL. I think I found a workaround for this by creating a category called blog and nesting the other categories below it. I then made a custom blog template and it seems to work, with the exception of the breadcrumbs. I had to install Yoast's breadcrumb plugin to get them to work with subcategories correctly, as the breadcrumbs that came with the theme didn't seem to suport sub categories.

Thanks for the lovely theme - I am really enjoying working with it!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 pm
I'll add to my ToDo work with the breadcrumb to support the subcategories in the future :)
Administrator