Facebook and Pinterest Errors

Get help or discuss with other members about business Joomla! 3 and 2.5 template designed especially for your start-up projects on dedicated support forum.
GK User
Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:10 pm
Hi, all of the social share buttons are working except Facebook and Pinterest. With Facebook, it shows likes but it does not send the page. With Pinterest, it does not grab the image.

facebook-share.jpg
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 pm
Hi,

1) Please check the App ID in your Social API Configuration, because as I see on our demo: http://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/startup it is working fine.

2) Currently the Pinterest gets the image specified in the OpenGraph settings (there is an additonal metabox for it in the article editor). I'll add to my ToDo implementation of getting automatically the featured image.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:06 pm
Hi again,

Please follow this commit: https://github.com/GavickPro/Meet-Gaver ... 3e67a383e1

If you want to add a feature which cause that the featured image is used in the OpenGraph metatags and Pinterest button when the OpenGraph image isn't specified.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 pm
Thank you very much. We added our app ID for Facebook, yet we are still getting the same error. Is there something special we are supposed to be doing, but somehow aren't? Is there documentation? Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:40 pm
OK, I was implementing the fix you gave and it went fine with the first file, bu twiht the 2nd file, my file "gavern/helpers/helpers.layout.php" does not have the text string:
"$image = wp_get_attachment_url(get_post_meta($postID, 'gavern_opengraph_image', true));" at line 224.

It has
"$image = get_post_meta($postID, 'gavern_opengraph_image', true);" at line 224. Do I add the new text string anyway?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 pm
Well, I added the code and it works! Everything is great, even Facebook is now working properly. :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 pm
We will add this feature to the all themes in the next update :)
Administrator