Hyperlink Color

Get help or discuss with other members about business Joomla! 3 and 2.5 template designed especially for your start-up projects on dedicated support forum.
GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:46 pm
Hi, is there somewhere in the template settings to change the active link color to match the hover color? I use style 2, so I would like it to be #3eabe9 when there is a hyperlink, so it is obvious before someone hovers over it. Thanks!

I actually need to know this for both Joomla and Wordpress as I am using a dual install. Thank you!!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:24 pm
Hi

There's no option on template settings.
So do like this:

WordPress
You can go to Dashboad >Startup > Template Options > Advanced and enable "Use the override.css file".
Them you can open the following file at ../wp-content/themes/Startup/css/override.css and add this line:

Code: Select all
a {color: #3eabe9!important; }

Joomla:
Go to template parameters > advanced settings and enable the use of css override.
Them open ../templates/gk_startup/css/override.css and add this the same line.

Code: Select all
a {color: #3eabe9!important; }

What override.css does is override the template classes and this way you don't have to change anything on the original css files, ensuring easy template updates.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:03 am
Thank you so much. WP worked like a charm because I am not using the front page slider. Joomla work, but then the buttons on the slider were the wrong color. So I left the Joomla main site unchanged. Thank you so much!!
Junior Boarder