Facebook changes.

Get help or discuss with other members about business Joomla! 3 and 2.5 template designed especially for your start-up projects on dedicated support forum.
GK User
Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:50 am
Facebook changed a few things with API codes and such, Can you post an update to that for this theme? My like buttons are acting strange under posts :ugeek: .

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:03 am
Hi,

Could you provide some details - I don't see any problems with the like buttons on our themes. Also here: http://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/startup/?p=755 I don't see any problems with it O.o
Administrator

GK User
Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:02 pm
Not sure what the changes are. I cant find the link on facebook I saw yesterday.

But take a look at this page : http://ohd.dk/multifokal/ The facebook button doesnt show like it should.

Also the "display register link" and "display login link" settings doesnt work. I have to disable them but the keep staying in the top menu. I removed the register button manually and would like to avoid that.

Same goes for Author, date ect on pages. The settings doesnt change, I want to remove the whole left column on pages and just show content. Also had to do this manually.

Please help :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:29 pm
Ok, regarding your problems:

1) Probably you are using wrong App ID - please follow this tutorial: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... k-feature/

(it is for the login with facebook mechanism but the main part is the same).

2) You're right about problem with the login/register links - please replace in the layouts/header.php file fragment:

Code: Select all
<?php if((get_option('register_link', 'Y') == 'Y' && !is_user_logged_in()) || get_option('login_link', 'Y') == 'Y') : ?>
         <div id="gk-user-area">
            <?php if(get_option('register_link', 'Y') == 'Y' && !is_user_logged_in()) : ?>
            <a href="<?php echo get_option('register_url', 'wp-login.php?action=register'); ?>" id="gk-register"><?php _e('Sign Up', GKTPLNAME); ?></a>
            <?php endif; ?>

<?php if(get_option('login_link', 'Y') == 'Y') : ?>
            <a href="<?php echo get_option('login_url', 'wp-login.php?action=login'); ?>" id="gk-login"><?php (!is_user_logged_in()) ? _e('Login', GKTPLNAME) : _e('Logout', GKTPLNAME); ?></a>
            <?php endif; ?>
         </div>
         <?php endif; ?>

to:

Code: Select all
<?php if((get_option($tpl->name . '_register_link', 'Y') == 'Y' && !is_user_logged_in()) || get_option($tpl->name . '_login_link', 'Y') == 'Y') : ?>
         <div id="gk-user-area">
            <?php if(get_option($tpl->name . '_register_link', 'Y') == 'Y' && !is_user_logged_in()) : ?>
            <a href="<?php echo get_option($tpl->name . '_register_url', 'wp-login.php?action=register'); ?>" id="gk-register"><?php _e('Sign Up', GKTPLNAME); ?></a>
            <?php endif; ?>

<?php if(get_option($tpl->name . '_login_link', 'Y') == 'Y') : ?>
            <a href="<?php echo get_option($tpl->name . '_login_url', 'wp-login.php?action=login'); ?>" id="gk-login"><?php (!is_user_logged_in()) ? _e('Login', GKTPLNAME) : _e('Logout', GKTPLNAME); ?></a>
            <?php endif; ?>
         </div>
         <?php endif; ?>

I'll fix this problem in the nearest update when WordPress 3.5 will be released :)

3) Are you saying about the posts or pages? Because pages on this theme have no sidebard :>
Administrator

GK User
Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:30 am
Thanks,

regarding 3) yes posts.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 am
Checked your guide to facebook, the plugin Authentication – Facebook didnt come with the plugin, and I installed "quickstart" version. Actually no plugins came with the plugin. Maybe thats why?

One more thing. Removing the background in the imageslider to say "none" (or anything else than standard) bugs the image slider. I would like to use the imageslider as a full width image slider with no background - My sliding images should be the background. Is that possible somehow?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:36 am
3) sorry but if you need this kayout type, then the manual code modification is a only way.

Regarding the Facebook - you have to just configure facebook app as it was described in the tutorial and then use the generated App ID in the Social API configuration on your theme. Please don't read the parts connected with plugins/quickstarts - it is connected with our Joomla templates.
Administrator