Moving Socials from K2 to where it should've been

October 2012 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 am
Report this post
Here http://fitness7vetrov.ru/blog-rukovoditelya/item/21-zhenshchiny-lishnij-ves-poterya-slukha is the K2 article in Joomla 3.2 from your Quickstart package of Startup. Social buttons are on the left 'sidebar' now. If I turn on standard templates (like Beez), it moves on top over the article. Both positions are quite strange - it would've been logical to offer people to share article AFTER they've read it, not before.
Seeing that in the template you were able to move the block, I assume it's possible to do it through template, but the question is how? I guess override.css won't help us in this case, so I'd need your advice on how can we move that block to the place it should've been at?
Thanks.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:34 am
Report this post
Hi,
in most cases you have right. But sometimes before somebody will read whole article he want to share with others. Second according to research people don't read the whole article - in most cases they read only from 40% to 80%.
If you want to replace you have to touch php file not css.

1) Open: templates\gk_startup\html\com_k2\templates\default\item.php
2) Find area started from
Code: Select all
<?php if($params->get('itemTwitterButton',1) || $params->get('itemFacebookButton',1) || $params->get('itemGooglePlusOneButton',1)): ?>
<div class="itemSocialSharing">  .....

Select & cut
3) Move to the bottom
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:15 am
Report this post
Pawel F wrote:people don't read the whole article - in most cases they read only from 40% to 80%.

Thanks Pawel, Started tweaking item.php and the thought came up - if that research is true, and it is definately so at least to some extent, how could we, then make the whole block (see the red and blue frame on this pic: http://yadi.sk/d/YbKYiC7oMmLtc) float, so that when the person scrolls while reading - it stays visible? The perfect thing would be to make it stick to the bottom side of the screen, I guess - that feature could be really cool for feature templates, I guess...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:31 pm
Report this post
Yeah, it should be useful.
I used fixed module for some pages - but always it was menu module not a social links block (box).
Second idea is to use vertical arrangement of social icons (icon under icon).
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:14 am
Report this post
Pawel F wrote:Yeah, it should be useful.
I used fixed module for some pages - but always it was menu module not a social links block (box).
Second idea is to use vertical arrangement of social icons (icon under icon).

But is it possible to do it in this template by some tweaking?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 pm
Report this post
Probably not, but all you have to do is customize only one file. so it shouldn't be problems after template update in future.
Platinum Boarder