Full Size Image Show in header position

October 2012 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:32 am
Report this post
Hi,
I am setting up my first Website using a Gavick template, Start Up in this case for a Restaurant. Great piece of work, clean design and fast loading.

But now i am having a hard time creating a full width slide show using image show. The wrapping container only allows me to set up pictures with a 50% dimension (actual size is 2000x500, but the slides only have 1000x250px)

Although i have set the picture size in module->interface to the proper size of 2000x500px, IS reduces it to 50%.

Where can turn a knob to show the actual size?

Thanks for your help & have a nice Weekend,
Sebastian.

PS: Site is running locally, so i cannot post a link to it now.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 am
Report this post
Please check if you don't have set max-width of your website to 1000px in template settings. Probably you have and IS don't create images widther than max-width.

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:15 am
Report this post
Konrad M wrote:Please check if you don't have set max-width of your website to 1000px in template settings. Probably you have and IS don't create images widther than max-width.

Thanks for your kind reply, indeed, it was set to 1000px. Setting the width to eg 2000px, IS shows up in full width. Is there any chance to keep the overall template width to 1000 while setting the IS to full size?

Thanks for helping me with this issue.

Have a nice day.

Sebastian.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:33 am
Report this post
Please try add this code to override.css
Code: Select all
.gkIsWrapper-gk_startup .gkIsImage {
width: 2000px;
}

and remember to enable override.css option in template settings.
but when you set it IS won't be responsive.

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 am
Report this post
Konrad M wrote:Please try add this code to override.css
.gkIsWrapper-gk_startup .gkIsImage {
}

and remember to enable override.css option in template settings.
but when you set it IS won't be responsive.

Hi Konrad,
thank you very much for the fast reply. Since i am using the bikestore IS, i changed the (activated) override.css accordingly to:

.gkIsWrapper-gk_bikestore.gkIsImage {
}

But this did not do the trick, the image is still 1000px in width.

Any other solution possible?

Kind regards, Sebastian.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:53 pm
Report this post
Please try
.gkIsWrapper-gk_startup .gkIsImage img {
max-width: 2000px !important;
}

and just in case can you give me link to your website ?

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 pm
Report this post
Konrad M wrote:Please try
.gkIsWrapper-gk_startup .gkIsImage img {
max-width: 2000px !important;
}

and just in case can you give me link to your website ?

Hi Konrad,
no, i am working on the website locally, since my client has not registerd the domain. i will bring it up to our server, so you can have a closer look. The last suggestion sounded promising, but did not bring the desired result either.

I will come back on you when the site is online, thanks so far.

Regards, Sebastian.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:00 am
Report this post
Hi Konrad,
the website is online now, so if you find some time, it would be great to have a look at it:

http://www.dasjagd.de

I am looking forward to read your great idea ;-) Thanks for taking care of my issue.

Kind regards,
Sebastian.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 am
Report this post
mirzepapa wrote:Hi Konrad,
the website is online now, so if you find some time, it would be great to have a look at it:

http://www.dasjagd.de

I am looking forward to read your great idea ;-) Thanks for taking care of my issue.

Kind regards,
Sebastian.

Hi Konrad,
may i come back on this issue? Do you have an idea on how to achieve a full size slider on top of the homepage, in best case keeping responsiveness? Thanks for any help on this, really appreciate it.

Kind regards, Sebastian.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:15 am
Report this post
Hi,
unfortunetly no. You need to decide if you want to responsive or slides width diemnsions you want.

GK User
Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 am
Report this post
Okay, thanks for that. I talked to my customer and he would leave the responsive feature for now, i get to figure this out later.

So i have do set IS as full width slider on the homepage, while leaving the content, modules and so on at standard width of 1000px. How is this to achieve?

All other parts of working with your fine templates is pure fun, so once we find a solution for the max IS, i will the most happy client of yours ;-)

Regards, Sebastian
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:40 pm
Report this post
Unfortunetly you will have to increase template width to 2000px or reduce IS image width to 1000px.

GK User
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:09 pm
Report this post
Okay, thanks for getting this cleared. Anyway, client decided to keep responsive feature alive, so i spiced up the slider`s background a little bit et voila, he likes it. I am especially proud to achieved a facebook alike menubar, staying on top of the page, no matter in which direction users are scrolling.
Great, it is pure fun to work with your guys` templates.

Keep up that great work.
Fresh Boarder