different size margins between article boxes.

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:07 pm
Report this post
Hi,

The url is http://www.stoerwonenenzo.nl

As you can see I have changed a lot of the original template already. As you can see I want the modules/boxes to fit in background boxes. On the right side "Where it today or never" it needs a different margin. I might have to do this for other boxes as well. Can I do this with a suffix or do I need a new class? And what should I do either way? Could you help me out with this? Would be much appreciated.

Greetz.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:41 pm
Report this post
Hoi,
About custom Module class: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ass-suffix

and here is default style for box'es (modules)
Code: Select all
#gkContent .box:first-child {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 71px;
    margin-top: 60px;
    padding-top: 0 !important;
    width: 100%;
}

just override margin-top I guess.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:50 pm
Report this post
Ok thanks, I will read that...

#gkContent .box:first-child {

I used that already, so if I change margin-top would that not change the margin-top from the other box?

I guess what I am looking for is how for example I can make

#gkContent .box:SECOND-child {

Or is that in the tutorial you send me?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:59 pm
Report this post
We don't help in customizations, probably you know why.
I suggest to use Firebug tool and check which class'es you have to override.
But of course IE 10+, Firefox, Chrome have also built-in tools for web developers. Use them.

BTW
Yes, using addcional module suffix can be good solution,
because you can decide / control how many top margin you want to use in each case.

p.s.
if you think that your skills are too weak or you have deadline soon - you can always hire one of GK moderator.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:30 pm
Report this post
Yes I try to learn more about the technical side, this is something I am still struggling with this. I am using the dev tools of chrome.

I found the solution thanks to you! Just Called the suffix: topmarginsidebar and in the override.css put

.topmarginsidebar {
margin-top: -26px;
}

So I made it much more complicated than it had to be I realize, tunnelvision ;-).. Again, thank you very much Oscar! I did not understand it correctly, now I do, this will make my life much much easier.

Greetz
Senior Boarder