Problem with the links in News Show Pro GK5

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:00 am
Report this post
I have a problem with the your template. The links in from Joomla do not work, they work from K2. But I cannot use K2 and I do not want it.

Click on demo.serengetinesmizemrit.cz then WHAT WE DO and article from this module News Show Pro GK5. But When I click on the article, it does not forward me to the article, but forwards me to homepage. But the link in the thumbnail is good.

Could you help me?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:01 pm
Report this post
Hi

That's becuase of wrong menu structure. Please read this article to fix it: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/ge ... s-working/

GK User
Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:40 pm
Report this post
Thank you very much for your answer. It is installed from your demo. I will try it, it is my first try of your template.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:52 pm
Report this post
Hi

This is how joomla works. In our template the only difference from the default joomla templates is that You can disable showing component of frontpage in template settings or by publishing module in mainbody positions. That's why article is not visible.

GK User
Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:03 pm
Report this post
I will get to the try tomorrow. I do not understand it. I installed complet your quickstart. Look strange to me when I turn in GK5 category from K2 to Joomla, the links stop working. Menu and everything else is still the same. I created separate articles for the category in Joomla that I show in GK5. I do not speak well English so I probably do not explain it well.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:30 pm
Report this post
Hi

Problem exists becuase Your menu is lacking category type links in menu. With such links article will be oppened under such menu item and will be visible. Without such landing pages article is trying to open where it was clicked, but on frontpage component is disabled.

GK User
Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:47 pm
Report this post
Thank you very much for your help. When I created menu for my new category the links works. I have a new question.

1. Can I show component on homepage?
2. How to do this? I mean the picture through full web size. http://www.awf.org/wildlife-conservation/lion
I would like to have on some pages. Will it work in this template?

thank you
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:05 pm
Report this post
Hi

1. Please move any modules published in "mainbody" module position to a different one.
2. I think You may add such image as a breadcrumbs background in template settings, or use "header" module position which supposed to be a 100% width.