Description when i share the page

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 am
Report this post
Hello
if i try to share my site: http://www.fernandocatalano.com/ on facebook, the description that i become in facebook is:

Crysis 3's multiplayer Hunters mode 29 Ago 2012 11:04 Categoria: Demo content Visite: 3 Donec sed odio dui. Etiam porta sem malesuada magna mollis euismod. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Leggi tutto: Crysis 3's multiplayer Hunters mode

why? how i can change this and put my description?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:10 pm
Report this post
And then the photo, facebook become a gk demo photo, how i can put my photo?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:35 am
Report this post
Hi,

The best way to provide good descritption and image for the website on Facebook is creating an article in Joomla! com_content component, specify image and make the article featured.

This is caused by fact that the Gavern framework uses for the Facebook crawlers special template located in the facebook.php file - this template on the frontpage displays the featured articles - if you create the featured article with good description (The best way will be placing the whole description on the article title - then you will avoid of displaying date, category and other metadata like: "29 Ago 2012 11:04 Categoria: Demo content Visite: 3"). Additionally the image used in the article will be displayed as a thumbnail of the page.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:34 am
Report this post
Hello

i create a news categoray in Content, i create an article with title 'Blod di Fernando Catalano' and in content i put an image and i wrtie Blog di Fernando Catalano, then in the home page manu i selected futured articles from this category, but nothing... In facebook i become the same, demo img and crysis article...

dziudek wrote:Hi,

The best way to provide good descritption and image for the website on Facebook is creating an article in Joomla! com_content component, specify image and make the article featured.

This is caused by fact that the Gavern framework uses for the Facebook crawlers special template located in the facebook.php file - this template on the frontpage displays the featured articles - if you create the featured article with good description (The best way will be placing the whole description on the article title - then you will avoid of displaying date, category and other metadata like: "29 Ago 2012 11:04 Categoria: Demo content Visite: 3"). Additionally the image used in the article will be displayed as a thumbnail of the page.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 am
Report this post
Please try again now - I've refreshed the Facebook Share Cache using this tool: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/d ... ano.com%2F
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:36 am
Report this post
Now its perfect, thank you.

dziudek wrote:Please try again now - I've refreshed the Facebook Share Cache using this tool: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/d ... ano.com%2F
Expert Boarder