couple of changes

Best WordPress theme for festivals or other events with responsive, clean and unique design.
GK User
Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:07 pm
I'm configuring the Fest theme. I use News Show Pro widget to show news on my frontpage. I want to change the text on Read More badge. Where? I also want to change the date format on full article. Today it says "19 Jan" on the badge left to the header. I want it to say "19.01." Where do I change?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:18 am
Hi,

Regarding hte "Read More" in the News Show Pro widget, it depends - are you using quickstart package with external News Show pro plugin? If so, you should translate your plugin (change the Read More text) using i.e. Codestyling Localization plugin or manually with PoEdit, in other case you have to translate theme files:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... y-language.

Regarding the date format, please edit Fest/layouts/content.post.header.php file and change this fragment: (around line 35)
Code: Select all
<?php echo esc_html(get_the_date('d')); ?>   
               <span><?php echo esc_html(get_the_date('M')); ?></span>

into:
<?php echo esc_html(get_the_date('d.m')); ?>

GK User
Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:36 pm
Thanks for the info!
I'm using quickstart package. I don't need translate the theme, I just want to change the way the news appear on frontpage. Throwing timestamp below thea header and so on... What php file it uses? I couldn't find it out.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:07 pm
Translating in this case I meant change the "read more" to something else (in the same langauge). Of course if you want to change it directly, please edit Fest/gavern/widgets.nsp.php file and change "Read more" text, but after theme update your changes will be lost (if you are not using Child Theme).

GK User
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:49 pm
Hi, this didn't work out. I tried to change 'Read More' to 'Continue.' There were three different lines in the file you mentioned, changed them all, but nothing happened.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:19 pm
Did you save the widget again to clean the cache?

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:26 am
I did, but nothing happened. I changed the widget layout from default to news_grid, it looks better but the horizontal bar should be below the excerpt. Can you help me with that?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:16 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) Then I'll try to help.

GK User
Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:36 am
Please add the following code into the theme’s css/override.css file (make sure to enable the “Use the override.css file” option in Template options > Advanced in the WordPress backend)
You can also use this solution with custom css:
https://www.gavick.com/blog/adding-cust ... ress-theme

.gk-nsp-news_grid figcaption hr {
   display: none;
}
.gk-nsp-news_grid figure {
   border-bottom: 1px solid #aaa;
   margin-bottom: 30px;
}

GK User
Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:15 am