GK Speakers - Custom Post Slug

Best WordPress theme for festivals or other events with responsive, clean and unique design.
GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:36 pm
Hi,
when I change the Custom Post Slug under GK Speakers Options from "speaker" to other name I'm getting "Page not found" for single speaker post.

I understand the slug sets the path name:
Code: Select all
[my domain]/speaker/[post slug]

I'm building a website for musicians and would like to change it to other name , for example: "musician" so the path to the single speaker/artist page is:
Code: Select all
 [my domain]/musician/[post slug]

How can I change the custom slug so it doesn't break the page?
Thanks,
Damian
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:57 am
Hi,

Did you follow this instruction? (under save button from GK Speakers Option)

"Save your changes and then you have to rename files from Fest directory:

category-speakers.php rename to category-yourname_plural.php
single-gavern_speakers.php rename to single-yourname.php"

GK User
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:34 pm
Hi,
the changes you mentioned don't relate to slug settings but to "Custom Post Type Labels" settings, if I change "Custom Posts: gavern_speakers I should rename single-gavern_speakers.php, If I change Custom Post Name (plural): Speakers I need to rename category-speakers.php. I could see instruction and the file names even dynamically changes in description.

But If I change Custom Post Slug under "Custom Post Type other settings" I don't get any additional instructions.

I don't want to change Custom Post but only the path to single page of speaker, so I have instead of "[my-domain]/speaker/[post-slug]"
"[my-domain]/artysta/[post_slug] :)

Damian
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:15 am
Ok, now I understand, try to resave your permalink structure, it should helps.

GK User
Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:22 pm
Hi Piotr, yes it helped. I'm new to Wordpress and didn't think about that. I have to remember it for other future issues related to slugs settings.
Many Thanks!
Damian
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:41 pm
I have tried this a few times but nothing is working for me. I want to change speakers to lineup.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:58 pm