Template upload

Responsive Joomla events template to create conference, festival and other big-name event website.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:54 pm
Report this post
Hi guys,

I'm new to joomla and have been doing my best to study up on how to use it to build a website. I have limited experience with Wordpress but feel confident enough to dive in and give joomla a shot but running into a wall in template upload through godaddy. Every time I've tried to upload the QuickStart file through the Cpanel an error message appears. I think it's due to the fact that I've installed joomla 2.5 through godaddy on the host account page rather than upload FEST through FTP manager. My gut feeling is that the QuickStart fine cannot overwrite the standard download and that I must upload the FEST QuickFile via FTP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 am
Report this post
Hi.
I've heard that godaddy have great support - so probably alo on their forum or FAQ you will find useful information about how to use preinstalled Joomla.

About Quickstart - please read whole article : http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... t-package/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:11 am
Report this post
p.s.
1) You can always use different folder for Gavick Quickstart package - I guess you can add a new one from GoDaddy Panel.
2) If you would have problems with installation , read also this: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -fix-them/

But yes, we can help you as much we could ... but of course in not all topics - because we support templates not hosting services.

3) I suggest to buy a book about Joomla, there are few interesting on PacktPub or Amazon.
Start from Joomla 2.5 - there are more publication about this version right now and this version is more stable than 3.2.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:17 am
Report this post
This is the error message that comes up. I will check out the links.

Thanks

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'ordering' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
Files Update: SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'ordering' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:07 am
Report this post
1) Where you have this error? Front-end or back-end

2) In Joomla back-end --> Extension Manager --> Database (tab) --> use fix button
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:27 am
Report this post
Back end
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:36 am
Report this post
I used the fix button but nothing worked.
Had godaddy assist in uploading the quickstart template using FTP and the following error came up.

Jon T Manns
http://docs.joomla.org/J2.5:Installing_a_template
4:42 PM
Jason M Oliver
JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL DB function failed with error number 1060
SQL =
Files Update: SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1060
SQL =
4:49 PM
would you know what this means ?
4:49 PM
Manns
looks like they are importing samlple data and the key already existded. they may want to create a new database and import into that one.
4:50 PM
Jason M Oliver
ok thanks
4:52 PM
We saved this conversation in the Conversations tab in Lync and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.created new database and went to "discover" in the joomla back end
5:26 PM
and got this Failed loading XML file
/home/content/58/10439758/html/themilehighhempfest/templates/gk_fest_quickstart_J25/templateDetails.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home/content/58/10439758/html/themilehighhempfest/templates/gk_fest_quickstart_J25/templateDetails.xml"
5:26 PM
Manns
needs to contct the people that created the template
5:27 PM
Jason M Oliver
ok thanks
5:28 PM
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:25 PM
To: Jason M Oliver
Subject: error msg

Failed loading XML file
/home/content/58/10439758/html/themilehighhempfest/templates/gk_fest_quickstart_J25/templateDetails.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home/content/58/10439758/html/themilehighhempfest/templates/gk_fest_quickstart_J25/templateDetails.xml"

What I don't understand is how I am supposed to upload a quickstart file that has the template and joomla attached when I can't use joomla to upload the file in the first place. I hope that makes sense but that's what I seem to get from reading the instructions.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:15 pm
Report this post
Have to tried with new "empty" database ?
If yes, and it's still problem.... don't worry.

I guess that you need DEMO of webpage with FEST template and modules yes ?
Using PM send me:
1) URL of your page (domain) where you have it
2) All data of new database
3) FTP access

and I will try to install you.
Platinum Boarder