Front Page Speakers no longer showing

Responsive Joomla events template to create conference, festival and other big-name event website.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:09 am
Report this post
Hi, I just updated the News Show Pro GK4 to version 3.3.6 from the original 3.3.3 and now none of the speakers are showing on the front page! Get the error - "You have to specify at least 5 speakers"

Any suggestions on how to get this working again? Reverting back to 3.1.3 restored the front page, downloading the rest_files for the FEST template now to restore to 3.3.3. Seems that the Speakers are not compatible with 3.3.6?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 am
Report this post
Hi,

Did you applied some custom changes in the portal mode with speakers? Because in the 3.3.6 version we haven't modified this part of code, so probably the update override your older changes.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:43 am
Report this post
No, I did not apply any custom changes to the template nor to the speaker js. Simply applied the 3.3.6 patch "mod_news_pro_gk4_for_responsive_templates.zip" from the download section. Once applied the front page speakers disappeared with the message noted.

I ended having to copy and paste the entire mod directory from the quickstart FEST zip in order to revert back to 3.3.3 and get the front page speakers working again.

Not sure if I should retry the patch again...

Thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:36 am
Report this post
BTW how many speakers the module displays on your page?
Administrator

GK User
Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 am
Report this post
Currently have a total of 30 "speakers" that show 5 at a time.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm
Report this post
In this case please provide me an FTP and the back-end access to your website through the PM message.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm
Report this post
Problem should be fixed now on your website, we will include this update in the 3.3.7 version.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:15 pm
Report this post
Excellent! Thanks so much for the assistance.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:42 am
Report this post
Hi,

Same problem. I installed the new module and now i get an error message:
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /homepages/.../administrator/templates/isis/error.php on line 114
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:52 pm
Report this post
@fredholla - sorry but your error is:

Code: Select all
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /homepages/.../administrator/templates/isis/error.php on line 114

as you can see the problem is connected with file templates/isis/error.php so it is a problem with your administrator template not with our extension.
Administrator