Fest map background

Responsive Joomla events template to create conference, festival and other big-name event website.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 pm
Report this post
How did you create the map image.

I have the photoshop files downloaded, but not sure how you created the semitransparent map.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:57 am
Report this post
The map is in png file so it can contains informations about opacity, this is simple root/templates/gk_fest/images/map.png file displayed on background image.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:05 pm
Report this post
Thank you, but this is not the answer to what I asked.

I was looking for HOW you created the texture / transparancy on that map.

I know how to find the png file for the map using firebug. I'm looking for the process that was used so that I could do that to a different image.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:22 pm
Report this post
You need to know how to get transparency on some image ? This is more photoshop rather than template question.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 pm
Report this post
The map image is made up of translucent dot patterns that takes the shape of a global map. I'm saying this so that you can understand first what it is made of.

Now if you want to replicate this pattern on to another image, you will first need to great the dot pattern. It's not easy to explain here how to do this as we will need to do screen shots and videos to show you. I figured that you don't really know how to use Photoshop. You can Google "Photoshop patterns" to learn how to create them.

The only other think other than creating the pattern is to drop the opacity of the layer to your liking and then save it as a 24-bit PNG file.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 am
Report this post
Hope now everything after @Winchester explanation is clear :)
Platinum Boarder