Changing background color of selected module positions

Support forum dedicated to GameNews game Joomla template perfect for gamers, game portal news and reviews with dedicated extensions for rating and video support
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:58 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I'd like to know if it's possible to change the background color of certain module positions while leaving the others unchanged.

Within the GameNews template I'd like to modify the background color of the following module positions to be something other than white: Logo, Top Banner, MainMenu, and TopMenu.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 am
Report this post
Yes it is possible by creating your own new suffix and add it to this particular module. Complete tutorial how to do it you will find here → http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-templates/customizing-joomla-template/how-to-add-and-use-custom-module-class-suffix/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:29 am
Report this post
Thanks for the reply.

I tried this tonight but it didn't seem to work. As is typically the case I assume I've goofed something up...
My goal is to get the white areas within the red box to be shaded a different color.

I went into the module for the banner in the upper right corner and wrote in "Color4" which is one of the preset module styles for this template but it didn't seem to work. Any idea what I've done wrong?

Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 pm
Report this post
Could you give me site URL? I'll check whether the suffix is visible and how I can help you with the code changes.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:58 am
Report this post
Sure. I'm basically starting with a new install of the quickstart package.

Here's a link to my test site: http://www.corvette-restoration.com/Joomla00/
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:40 pm
Report this post
First of all I don't see assigned suffix on your homepage - did you add suffix in suffix for pages area in template settings?
You can change background only on this selected area » screenshot because in this part of template there is no another container where you can add styles so probably it is impossible to modify the template in the way you want to.
Platinum Boarder