Module in Top Menu?

Support forum dedicated to GameNews game Joomla template perfect for gamers, game portal news and reviews with dedicated extensions for rating and video support
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:23 pm
Report this post
I can't seem to find any relevant documentation on whether Gavern supports this, but I'm trying to:

Show a module in a sub menu position (in this case, in the "User Menu" on Game News, Joomla 2.5).

Is this even possible and if not is there a hard-coded workaround that might work? I simply need to show a small map graphic as a submenu when a user hovers over "Location" on the top right.

Many thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Report this post
Ok, I've found this tutorial: http://www.gavick.com/magazine/how-to-l ... items.html

..which seems to imply that this is possible but it's not working for me on Game News 2.5.

If anyone is familiar with this process, what type of menu item should I initially create or does it matter?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 pm
Report this post
Hi

This is possible but only for a megamenu which is used for main menu and only once on the page.

GK User
Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Report this post
OK - many thanks for your reply - that's explains alot!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 am
Report this post
Hi

I've seen an ICY plugin for menu which can do that with regular menu module, but You will have to customize a CSS for that plugin.