Problems with the demo

Support forum dedicated to GameNews game Joomla template perfect for gamers, game portal news and reviews with dedicated extensions for rating and video support
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:36 pm
Report this post
Dears,

The installation of the quickstart version was made successfully. However, I have a small problem, the breadcrumb appears on my demo and I don't see it in your demo. Moreover, I created a new menu I named it ACCUEIL it's based on a copy of the menu HOME but what I don't understand is why in the content of the ACCUEIL menu I see the breadcrumb and the Last News module and what I see in the content of the menu HOME is the Featured Articles block. It's strange.

You will find two screenshots showing the problem at the follwing link:

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g4d470717af8e38ac999185024b532f7b5f6af486b

Thank you for your helping,
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 pm
Report this post
Breadcrumb you can disable in module settings, A-,A,A+ font changes you can disabled in template settings - 'Features' tab. The 'Home' page item has own special rules which disable content and show only modules, every copy works like default Joomla! view so depends of your menu item type.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:22 pm
Report this post
Dear,

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean. I tried to activate the same modules and articles to display in the content of the two menus (ACCUEIL - HOME) but I still have a small difference between the two contents. For the menu Accueil I haven't been able to disable the Breadcrumb and I have the module Latest News and for the menu Home, I have Featured Articles instead of the module Latest News. So I don't understand how to resolve this problem.

Thank you for your understanding,
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 am
Report this post
The problem is that the 'Home' menu item can be only one and ONLY on home you can hide content (this is why you don't see featured articles) and you see module visible on 'mainbody' position. In other menu items it is impossible to achieve this effect. Please publish all modules on mainbody_top or mainbody_bottom area and the content on this pages (like featured articles) you can hide via option suffix for pages.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:28 am
Report this post
Thank you, I'll try to do what you say and if something goes wrong I will return to you. I wanted to use this technique to make a multilingual website but I am not sure that it's a good solution that's why I wanted to have the same content for ACCUEIL and HOME menus.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 am
Report this post
You can use suffixes for pages for 'home' menu item for every language - then hide content via CSS. This is probably the only way to achieve this effect.
Platinum Boarder