Last slide shows always between other slides

Easily add amazing slideshow to your Joomla website with free Image Show module and manage them using slide manager
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:11 pm
Hello,

I use Image Show GK4 1.38.1 with Music State template. When i add slides (now i have 6) there is a problem - last slide always shows itself for a moment between any other slides (very short time). I tried to move order of slides - alway last one 'blinks' between other slides.

How can i fix it?

Regards
Przemek
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:31 am
Do you have latest template and plugin?

GK User
Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:14 pm
Thank you for answer.

I have installed latest version 1.46 (earlier i had 1.38.1) and now problem with 'blinking' last slide dissapeared.
But now i have new issue. In backend i cant see any of my slides and i cannot add any new. I see only pink bar with 'Your slides:'; title and button for add new slides. But i cant see any of my slides (they exist because they display in front). I cannot add new slides too.
And another problem are grey blank slides - they appear randomly after reloading page. From time to time there are all slides, but often there are slides alterately with grey blank slides.

Regards
Przemek
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:55 am
Could you please post an url to your site?

Could you please create test IS module in any position and check if it displays slides controls correctly?

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:36 am
I tried to run IS module in different positions but it didnt help. So i restored my site from backup to test server and uninstalled (not updated) Image Show GK4. Then i updated Music State template to newest version (without installed IS) and then i have installed IS in newest version. And now it works. Problem was with updating template and module - maybe not proper order of installation? But most important is that it works now.

But still there is problem with random blank slides - after opening webpage there are often blank slides (randomly). I tried to turn OFF and ON thumbnails and it doesnt help. When i refresh page with Shift F5 all seems to work fine. Is there any way to fix it?

Regards
Przemek

PS. Here is link to my site:
http://velaves.b13.eu
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:30 am
Probably you had some problems with database - slides list might be corrupted and by the action you took you have fixed it somehow.
Normally updating module and template should not damage anything (in any order).

Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with admin/super-admin privileges (please create one for me)
3. ftp data (host, user, password)
4. link to this thread

I'll check what can I do with "blank" slides problem.

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:18 am
Your server caches js files somehow - even when I make a change to them they still show (renamed js file still loads).
I have made a small change. When the files will reload please check if it works fine now:
File edited:
modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_musicstate/engine.js
in line 171 1000 was changed to 2000

If problem remains - please increase the number to 3000

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 am
Thank you very much. I had to change that value to 3000 and it seems that it is ok now. I will try another computers but i hope it will be fine.

I use Siteground hosting and there is cache system which is enabled automatically. It is annoying sometimes because i have to flush it manualy to see any changes.

Regards and thank you again
Przemek
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:08 pm
You could also try replacing engine.js file with one attached - it might work even better.
engine.js.zip