Image Show loading speed/ waiting time before displaying

Easily add amazing slideshow to your Joomla website with free Image Show module and manage them using slide manager
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:29 pm
Hi,

It's really annoyed that when the Image Show first load, it takes 3 to 5 seconds before displaying the first slider. (I'm using high speed broadband and tested either on our hosting and your demo of many different templates)

My slider is not very heavy, approx. 120KB each. Additionally, I disabled all animation effects. If I reload the page, again, it also takes another 3 to 5 seconds to wait.

Please see below attachment. It is the image of "waiting indicator"
Loading time.PNG

I enabled the Progressive Caching of Joomla, still no use. Any improvement?

I used many other slideshow plugins, they don't have to wait such a long time.

Thanks,

Will
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 am
Hi Will, just try enabling cache in the module's configuration too and check if it can be faster.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:08 pm
Hi Don,

Where could I find the option to enable caching for module? I could not find this in Image Show module's configuration.

Thanks,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:08 am
I'm sorry, I thought it was GK News. Just an idea to reduce file size of the images so I guess they would be loaded faster, is to use this tool http://www.jpegmini.com/
Platinum Boarder