Site crashes and provides the error message

Easily add amazing slideshow to your Joomla website with free Image Show module and manage them using slide manager
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm
Hi!

Im trying to add a new Image Show module. When i publish it the whole site crashes and provides me with this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gk_substr() (previously declared in /home3/awesome3/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_appsprotech/view.php:16) in /home3/awesome3/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_appsprotech/view.php on line 22

When I unpublish it the site works again. I googled it but found nothing.

Any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:21 pm
Update:

So basically i was trying to add two new Image Show components. They can't be published at the same time, then the error message above is shown. They are in to different positions and i have another Image Show on the page.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:40 pm
Update:

So looked into the error message. Realized that it points towards a file in the style folder of one of the "themes" for image show. i changed the theme and now i can add both.

Obviously something fishy going on here :D
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:12 pm
Hi

Yes, unfortunately this module cannot use the same style twice on the same page, but some styles are allowing it when javascript for this module is allowed within one of this modules only.

GK User
Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 am
What? That's crazy isn't it? I was planning on having three on these on one page. They need to be styled differently?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:49 pm
Hi

Unfortunately yes. Some styles are having problems with shearing the same script, but You may try to use more than one with a different style or experimentally disable loading javascript in advanced setting for all except the one loaded as first (I know it works with coffee style for example, hopefully with others as well).