Cannot add pictures to slideshow

Easily add amazing slideshow to your Joomla website with free Image Show module and manage them using slide manager
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:30 am
Everytime I add a picture and then save it, it doesn't change on the frontend. So I check the backend and the old/original picture file is in place...

I went to Module Manager: Module mod_image_show_gk4: Options: Your Slides
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:19 am
Hi,
please update module to lasted version, then check again.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:23 am
I did see under the template manager there was an update, Version: 3.8.1
I originally downloaded the quickstart package. I'm not sure which to download this time and how to do it so I don't lose anything.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:40 pm
How can I find out which package I am suppose to download and then upload for my update?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:32 am
In Extension Manager - Manage - check version of your module, then check on our site it is current. if not update.

p.s.
If adding slides still don't work please send me access to back-end (Login/Password/URL like as SuperAdmin via PM)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:49 pm
Okay I believe I updated everything correctly. It looks like I can add slides, just can't edit the current ones so I'm okay with just deleting the current ones. HOWEVER, how one of the pictures I put up for a test shows on the slideshow, the other one does not. Could you tell me why?

I will send you my backend info. Maybe you can keep it handy over the next few days. = )
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:59 pm
Sure but "Username and password you've send to me do not match " :(
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:42 am
I think it was because the picture was not jpeg. I read somewhere that all photos need to be jpeg so I changed it and now I'm good.

I know, I switched sites, from demo to paid site so my backend changed. I am waiting for my hosting company to send me backend info.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:59 pm
Cannot add pictures to slideshow
helpme please?

and site is very slow

Image Show GK4ver. 1.38
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:43 am
Cannot add pictures to slideshow help me please?

Sure, but first send me via PM:
1) Link to this post
2) login/password + URL to your webpage

...and site is very slow

There can be over 10 reasons why: hosting problems/settings, no gzip enabled, too big pictures, too many modules enabled on one page, Internet speed, etc.
Platinum Boarder