ImageShow GK4 & Media Manager Path

Easily add amazing slideshow to your Joomla website with free Image Show module and manage them using slide manager
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:32 pm
Hi There,

I tried to change the Media Manager path for images from /images to /assets and found out that ImageShow GK4 seems to be hardcoded to find images from Joomla default /images path.

Is there a way to get Media Manager path field value instead of defaulting it to /images?

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 am
I have checked this and it is working fine. Which ever path you select in media manager module opens that path.

For your records I have changed media path from:

Contents > Media Manager > Options:

Path to files folder: assets
Path to images folder: assets

Created folder called "assets" in root.

Module works fine. Tested with Image Show GK4 v1.31

To check your setup other then module, create a new joomla article and bottom of editor select "image" button and see if that displays and selects images fine for test purposes.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 pm
Hi Norman,

Yes, images displays fine. Only image_show is not :( it seems to be not able to create the cache image in the cache folder. Instead the image path has this:

Code: Select all
     http://localhost/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/cache/gk-is-257

I tested this with a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.7 in the same server where only Bikestore and image_show_gk4 module is the only add-on installed and it does the same.

But strange things is, on the same installation I only created a folder where I installed Bikestore quickstart and added a new slide and it does work. New slides I'm adding is showing up. I just don't like image_show_gk4 is doing renaming the image filename to the full path of the file name, including the server absolute path. For example:

srv.www.public_html.assets.images.demo.demo_image.jpg

any help will be much appreciated. Is this something in my server setting?

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:19 pm
Norman,

I traced image_show_gk4 style gk_sporter2 code and found out that /images/ path has been hardcoded in class.image.php on line 31:

function getRealPath($path) {
      $start = strpos($path, 'images/');
      $path = './'.substr($path, $start);
      return realpath($path);
   }

I tried to change 'images/' to 'assets/' and it worked. Something must be in my Apache or server settings since the module works fine with my other projects hosted in different server.

Do you have a clue to what it is? Maybe related to path or something.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 am
What is your Image Show GK4 version?
Platinum Boarder