Images from url in module image show gk4 v 1.5.5

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat May 06, 2017 6:31 pm
I'm testing the hotel template on localhost
Does the frontpage slideshow module image show gk4 not support image url?
For example url of images hosted in google photos.
The module tries to load the slide but does not get it

I appreciate any help.
Thank you very much
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 10, 2017 9:24 am
Hi

Yes it needs a physical file to work. Module needs to reprocess images in some situations and it's not always possible with outside sources.

GK User
Sun May 14, 2017 2:47 pm
Thank you very much. It would be good if this point were clarified in the module information.

Then I understand that if the image has very high resolution the module reprocesses it to create an adapted image.
Is this configurable manually or is it automatic?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 17, 2017 1:15 pm
Hi

You need to specify size of the image so module can resize images to this values, but as said it cannot resize images from outside sources, so they need to come as they are. In the past such images was processed as well, but security on servers made it impossible for scripts to download files from different sources.