No images - ReferenceError: $clear is not defined

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:24 pm
Hi there
I migrated a site from 2.5.x to 3.5.1 yesterday, and updated image show gk4 - but no images are shown, just a kind of spinner. The console 'says': ReferenceError: $clear is not defined (images are loaded in html-source).

Any tips for that one?
Original Site: https://consultandpepper.com/
Migratet Site: https://consultandpepper.com/_joomla-v3/index.php

Thanks in advance, regards
Roger
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:58 am
Hi

I think the problem is with the order of the files which are being loaded. Looks like mootools are not loaded yet when Image Show module is using it's functions. You need to change it so mootools are being loaded before anything else.

GK User
Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:48 pm
Hi
Thanks for your response.

I changed the loading order, now mootools core and more are loaded before the module, but nothing has changed, I still got this '$clear is not defined'.

Do you have another tip for me? :)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:39 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp. I'll check.

GK User
Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:53 am
PM sent :)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:52 pm
Hi

When I go to Your joomla panel all I can see it: "Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten! 0 Cannot open file for writing log". Please fix it, so I'll be able to check Image Show issue.

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:30 pm
Login with the credentials I've sent to you works perfect.
But with wrong ones it showed that error due to a wrong/unwritable log-file path, wich i've fixed now.
Please try again.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:59 am
Hi

I can see module is working correctly now. Have You fixed it already? If not please point me the the page where this broken module can be visible.

teitbite
Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:02 am
Hi

Sorry, my bad. I was looking at wrong page. Sending Your access to programmers. Will let You know as soon as I'll got an answer.

teitbite
Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:07 am
Hi

Bad news. "gk_musicity" in module can only be used on very old installations, since it was build with old mootools library. Please try switch to a different module style. Best to use a style based on jQuery like in latest joomla.