image show gk4 does not load images

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed May 27, 2015 1:15 am
hi.

please help.

image show does not load images or text . the pre-loader circle is visible but does not go away and no image loads.

thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 27, 2015 1:17 am
hi again.

im using joomla 3 with storefront template. installed from quickstart.

thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 30, 2015 12:27 pm
Hello,

Please provide an URL to your website - without it we cannot analyze the issue.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:17 pm
Sorry but the domain send in your PM message is empty.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:17 pm
hi. i just checked site now. it loads.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:31 pm
I'm also having this problem. I created a new Imageshow and I only get the pre-loading animated circle image. As far as I can tell, I've set up the configuration correctly.

Was was done to resolve the problem for you Semiotics?

Please help.

Thanks.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:55 pm
hi. still waiting.

i have loaded on to another domain and tested. same result. www.semiotics.co.za. please help!!!!

installation done from quickstart j3 storefront.
no other software installed.
no changes made.

image show gk4 does not load.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:08 am
@semiotics - sorry for the late reply, but it seems that I misunderstand your previous message "hi. i just checked site now. it loads." - I thought that you mean the image loader - if you are not getting a reply through few days then it is good to remind yourself.

Regarding your issue - please redownload the storefront package and please install it once again. I've downloaded the package today, installed it on my localhost and all is working fine in Image Show.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:38 pm
railer wrote:I'm also having this problem. I created a new Imageshow and I only get the pre-loading animated circle image. As far as I can tell, I've set up the configuration correctly.

Was was done to resolve the problem for you Semiotics?

Please help.

Thanks.

Can you please help me dziudek? I'm still stuck with the spinning icon.

I just want to use Image Show GK4 to display my slides in a module position as a simple slideshow of my own dimensions (800 x 289). No title text, no article text, no thumbnails, no navigation. Just auto advance to the next slide. I don't see to be able to choose a basic module style. I only see your predefined Gavick template styles.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:49 am
@railer - without URL to your website I will be unable to help you.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:15 pm
dziudek wrote:@railer - without URL to your website I will be unable to help you.

Thanks for your reply, I decided to use the random image module instead for this site. But I have run into this problem before. Must be a config issue, but don't have a site URL now to send. Next time.

Thanks!
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:12 pm
I am having this issue too. The root of the issue is that the image show style's javascript is being loaded first before mootools. I have re-installed plugin to see if it fixed the issue, but so far it hasn't. If I can force Joomla to load it after all the other scripts, then it will work properly.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Code: Select all
  <script src="https://www-dev.kish.ldsbc.edu/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_ldsbc_photo_tour/engine.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-migrate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Unfortunately I can't give you a url as this is a development server that is inaccessible to the outside world.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:40 pm
I got around this issue by modifying the controller.php file for the slideshow style I am using. Down near the bottom of the file, there is a generateView function. The line you want to modify starts with $document->addScript, and it will have the url to the style's javascript called engine.js (or what ever you have called it). For me it is on line 104.

I changed the line from:

$document->addScript($uri->root().'modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/'.$this->config['styles'].'/engine.js');

to:
$document->addScript($uri->root().'modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/'.$this->config['styles'].'/engine.js',"text/javascript",true);

I made the javascript file defer itself. This way the javascript, although loaded first, will be executed after the page has finished loading, and thus will have access to it's dependencies. It is a little bit of a hack, but until I find a better solution, or Image Show gets patched to fix the issue, this is what I will be using to fix the problem.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:41 pm
Same issue here,
new installation, from quick start, download the images of the slide (slide1 and slide2) from your demo site (storefront) put them into images/demo folder, but loader is still there... what can I do?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:51 am
Installed from quickstart again, without updating virtuemart I cannot see any module, so I update only virtuemart, loading spin is rolling, I cannot see any photo. Try to update Joomla to 3.5, but loading spin is rolling again. Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Can some one help me please?

A.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:03 pm
I solved my problem thanks to the slution of danielflorezz.

here is the link in the forum:

https://www.gavick.com/forums/storefront-joomla3/image-show-gk4-don-t-work-after-quikstart-installation-49983
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:34 pm
I am having the exact same issue as described above by everyone having the issue!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun May 08, 2016 11:01 am
I've got this images loading problem on a Joomla 3.51 site with Storebox latest template. It started after upgrading the NSP GK5 module to latest - from 1.9.2.1 to 1.9.3.4

If I unpublish all instances of NSP GK5 the images in Image Show GK4 return to normal load.

Maybe there's a clue there?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun May 22, 2016 5:46 pm
Same problem here!
There is a conflict with NSP GK5 and ImageShow GK4
If NSP GK5 modules are disabled, ImageShow doesn't have problem loading.

Any solution please?

Url: www.farmaciaederrabotika.es

Thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 23, 2016 8:30 pm
I had to install a previous backup, the update has generated many conflicts.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:33 pm
Hi,
There is a conflict with NSP GK5 and ImageShow GK4
If NSP GK5 modules are disabled, ImageShow doesn't have problem loading.
Joomla 3.6.4
url: http://penco.hu
Please any solution!

Thank in advance
Istvan
Junior Boarder